- Review: Kentucky Route Zero is one of the most magical games ever made 3 Years Ago
- Backlash grows against Clearview as lawsuit looms 3 Years Ago
- Tyler the Creator calls out the Grammys for racism over ‘Rap Album’ win 3 Years Ago
- Democrats call on John Bolton to testify after book bombshell Today 9:56 AM
- Pete Buttigieg ripped for basketball ‘field’ tribute to Kobe Bryant Today 9:13 AM
- See how Logan Paul reacted to a college student spitting on him Today 8:50 AM
- Lewis Capaldi mistaken for Grammy seat filler because no one knows who he is Today 7:40 AM
- Why we’re obsessed with abandoned power plants and theme parks Today 7:00 AM
- Democrats are open to changing one of the internet’s bedrock principles Today 6:30 AM
- Swipe This! Social media makes me feel like my career is lagging. Will I ever catch up? Today 6:00 AM
- ‘Zola’ is a surreal and wild tale of a road trip gone wrong Today 5:00 AM
- Sebastian Gorka blocks pundit over Fleshlight joke Today 1:56 AM
- Woman slammed for trying to put UPS driver on blast Sunday 5:23 PM
- Twitter users are sharing which celebrities have blocked them Sunday 4:43 PM
- Conspiracy theorists are already taking advantage of Kobe Bryant’s death Sunday 4:14 PM
Nobody likes getting stuck with the thimble as their Monopoly token. And the wheelbarrow? Yawn.
If you’ve ever ripped your sister’s hair out in a mad dash to grab the car, you know it’s high time for Monopoly to update its eight game tokens (the pieces that mark your place around the board). Since 1935, Hasbro has made a few changes to the lineup, adding the Scottie dog and wheelbarrow in the 1950s and replacing the boring iron with Hazel the cat by popular demand in 2013. Now the toy company is giving board game fans a chance to pick an entirely new set of tokens via online poll for an upcoming edition of the game.
For those of you suddenly salivating at the idea of Harambe token, not so fast. Hasbro has wisely pre-selected more than 50 options for you to choose from (thus limiting the predictable shenanigans of internet polling).
In addition to the eight originals—the boot, Scottie dog, thimble, car, Hazel the cat, battleship, hat, and wheelbarrow—Hasbro is giving you options including a rubber ducky, flip-flop, scooter, bowtie, T-rex, rabbit, cufflinks, cowboy boot, watch, a tennis shoe, and a bunch of different emoji.
You have from now until Jan. 31 to vote for your favorites at www.votemonopoly.com.
Here are a few of the potential new tokens that we liked the best.
Looking to upgrade your tabletop gaming? Check out our list of the best board games for families.
Sarah Weber is the former editor of Daily Dot’s Parsec section, where she wrote about geek culture. She previously worked as a reporter and editor at community newspapers in the Midwest and was recognized by the Ohio Associated Press for news reporting.