- This Twitch streamer was shocked to discover a fan made videos of all her sneezes Today 9:28 AM
- ‘Rick and Morty’ episode title reveal highlights how dumb episode title reveals are Today 9:27 AM
- Ajit Pai is unhappy states are bucking his agency’s net neutrality repeal Today 9:04 AM
- Paul Rudd’s appearance on ‘Hot Ones’ becomes an instantly iconic meme Today 8:23 AM
- Network of fake news sites in Michigan appears to be right-wing propaganda effort Today 6:30 AM
- ‘BoJack Horseman’ hints at a brutal reckoning in its final season Today 5:30 AM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Slavia Praha in the Champions League Today 2:00 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Ajax in the Champions League Today 1:00 AM
- People are using #WheresLindsey to criticize Graham over Trump ‘lynching’ defense Tuesday 8:22 PM
- 2 Proud Boys sentenced to 4 years in prison for attacking antifa protesters Tuesday 7:20 PM
- Paul Joseph Watson is very upset by bartender serving beer with her butt Tuesday 6:24 PM
- Twitter developing a policy to combat deepfakes Tuesday 5:28 PM
- The Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal bout at UFC 244 is perfect for NYC and its fight mecca Tuesday 5:27 PM
- Alexis Bledel named most dangerous online celebrity Tuesday 5:02 PM
- Kylie Jenner trademarks ‘rise and shine’ after meme success Tuesday 4:50 PM
Nobody likes getting stuck with the thimble as their Monopoly token. And the wheelbarrow? Yawn.
If you’ve ever ripped your sister’s hair out in a mad dash to grab the car, you know it’s high time for Monopoly to update its eight game tokens (the pieces that mark your place around the board). Since 1935, Hasbro has made a few changes to the lineup, adding the Scottie dog and wheelbarrow in the 1950s and replacing the boring iron with Hazel the cat by popular demand in 2013. Now the toy company is giving board game fans a chance to pick an entirely new set of tokens via online poll for an upcoming edition of the game.
For those of you suddenly salivating at the idea of Harambe token, not so fast. Hasbro has wisely pre-selected more than 50 options for you to choose from (thus limiting the predictable shenanigans of internet polling).
In addition to the eight originals—the boot, Scottie dog, thimble, car, Hazel the cat, battleship, hat, and wheelbarrow—Hasbro is giving you options including a rubber ducky, flip-flop, scooter, bowtie, T-rex, rabbit, cufflinks, cowboy boot, watch, a tennis shoe, and a bunch of different emoji.
You have from now until Jan. 31 to vote for your favorites at www.votemonopoly.com.
Here are a few of the potential new tokens that we liked the best.
Looking to upgrade your tabletop gaming? Check out our list of the best board games for families.
Sarah Weber is the former editor of Daily Dot’s Parsec section, where she wrote about geek culture. She previously worked as a reporter and editor at community newspapers in the Midwest and was recognized by the Ohio Associated Press for news reporting.