- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Friday 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Friday 4:08 PM
- Mariah Carey refuses old-age FaceApp challenge Friday 3:19 PM
- Journalists horrified by consolidation of Gatehouse, Gannett Friday 3:12 PM
- Facebook and Google could be tracking you on porn sites Friday 1:42 PM
- 7 best sites for psychic love readings Friday 1:20 PM
- Driver demonstrates why you always need to read road signs Friday 12:58 PM
- Area 51 remix video proves it’s the summer of Lil Nas X Friday 12:26 PM
- ‘ICE will come’: Convenience store clerk threatens customers speaking Spanish Friday 12:11 PM
- Rand Paul dodges questions about 9/11 Victims Fund, says ‘watch Fox News’ Friday 11:51 AM
- Report: ‘Stranger Things’ season 4 to begin shooting in October Friday 11:03 AM
- AT&T paid Michael Cohen to consult on net neutrality, FBI documents show Friday 9:10 AM
- Mysterio’s ruse changes on a second viewing of ‘Far From Home’ Friday 9:06 AM
- Twitter overturns Barrett Brown’s third permanent suspension Friday 8:49 AM
- How to live stream Liga MX Friday 7:56 AM
We gotta have that T-rex.
Nobody likes getting stuck with the thimble as their Monopoly token. And the wheelbarrow? Yawn.
If you’ve ever ripped your sister’s hair out in a mad dash to grab the car, you know it’s high time for Monopoly to update its eight game tokens (the pieces that mark your place around the board). Since 1935, Hasbro has made a few changes to the lineup, adding the Scottie dog and wheelbarrow in the 1950s and replacing the boring iron with Hazel the cat by popular demand in 2013. Now the toy company is giving board game fans a chance to pick an entirely new set of tokens via online poll for an upcoming edition of the game.
For those of you suddenly salivating at the idea of Harambe token, not so fast. Hasbro has wisely pre-selected more than 50 options for you to choose from (thus limiting the predictable shenanigans of internet polling).
In addition to the eight originals—the boot, Scottie dog, thimble, car, Hazel the cat, battleship, hat, and wheelbarrow—Hasbro is giving you options including a rubber ducky, flip-flop, scooter, bowtie, T-rex, rabbit, cufflinks, cowboy boot, watch, a tennis shoe, and a bunch of different emoji.
You have from now until Jan. 31 to vote for your favorites at www.votemonopoly.com.
Here are a few of the potential new tokens that we liked the best.
Looking to upgrade your tabletop gaming? Check out our list of the best board games for families.
Sarah Weber is the former editor of Daily Dot’s Parsec section, where she wrote about geek culture. She previously worked as a reporter and editor at community newspapers in the Midwest and was recognized by the Ohio Associated Press for news reporting.