- Barstool Sports deletes anti-union tweets, blog post in settlement 4 Years Ago
- The ‘can have … as a treat’ meme has come full circle 4 Years Ago
- Joe Rogan says he’s voting for Bernie Sanders Today 2:54 PM
- Woman spots mole in man’s TikTok video, saves him from cancer Today 2:17 PM
- ‘You’ star confirms his character is queer and ‘never will be’ straight Today 1:08 PM
- This Twitch streamer pooped his pants during a broadcast Today 12:17 PM
- Apple’s iCloud encryption plan halted amid FBI pressure, report Today 10:57 AM
- Glenn Greenwald charged with cybercrimes in Brazil Today 10:48 AM
- BadBunny rips her fans for not sending her enough money Today 10:06 AM
- White rapper punched in the face for saying the N-word during battle Today 9:21 AM
- Hillary Clinton blasts Bernie Sanders, says ‘nobody likes him’ Today 8:57 AM
- Someone found Harry Styles’ doppelganger—and TikTok is obsessed Today 8:08 AM
- Patrick Stewart has spoken to Kevin Feige about playing Professor X again Today 7:16 AM
- ‘Shrill’ season 2 expands its world and point of view Today 7:00 AM
- Trans/Sex: Let trans art be messy, weird, and uncomfortable Today 6:00 AM
If you struggled for months to collect all of the elusive felines of Neko Atsume, we have bittersweet news to share: Your collection is no longer complete.
A new update (1.7.0) for the adorable cat-collecting game has been released that adds new cats, goodies, and even wallpapers, so you might have a reason to close Pokemon Go for a while. Along with two new common cats named Chip and Pasty, a new rare cat, Bengal Jack, appears in a fancy pirate costume. You also have new items at your disposal, including seashells, a penguin cushion, a stingray cushion, a dinosaur slide, and a treasure chest (the latter undoubtedly bait for the pirate cat).
Some Redditors have already captured Bengal Jack in action searching for booty (and coming up successful).
Reddit user Pimpkachu also posted pics of all update items, including new wallpapers to be unlocked. Look how precious they are!
Now, the bad news: The iOS version of the game is not currently on the app store due to a bug that stops cats from visiting. Game developer Hit-Point Co., has not set a date for a re-release as of yet. However, it has announced a collaboration with the popular Japanese baseball team Henshin Tigers, so if you’d like to go blow some money on merchandise while you wait for the bug to be fixed, we’re sure you’ll find some good stuff.
Colette Bennett is a writer/editor who specializes in web culture, skincare, and all things geek. Her work has appeared on CNN, HLN, Engadget, Kotaku, Colourlovers, and Continue Magazine. She also writes horror and sci-fi fiction for Corona Books and is at work on her second novel.