- Why is Instagram still hosting ‘Black Lives Don’t Matter’ accounts? Today 7:14 AM
- Amanda Holden’s bad coronavirus advice sheds light on the struggle of being immunocompromised Friday 9:03 PM
- The World Health Organization is now fighting coronavirus misinformation on TikTok Friday 8:43 PM
- Police are using coronavirus misinformation to trick people into turning in drugs Friday 8:11 PM
- People can’t stop touching their faces–and the CDC really wants them to Friday 7:31 PM
- A TikTok of a girl getting an abortion is going viral—and the internet is divided Friday 3:06 PM
- FCC proposes $200 million fine for T-Mobile, others over data sharing Friday 3:03 PM
- Which ‘Love is Blind’ couples are still together? Friday 2:01 PM
- Review: ‘The Invisible Man’ reboot is thrilling but basic Friday 1:25 PM
- Sex workers speak out after OnlyFans leak Friday 1:21 PM
- Normani addresses Camila Cabello’s racist social media posts Friday 1:07 PM
- Mike Huckabee’s defense of Trump’s coronavirus response will make you nauseous Friday 12:06 PM
- Gmail’s email filtering may affect what candidate emails you are seeing Friday 11:08 AM
- Woman shares aftermath of domestic abuse: ‘This is only to raise awareness’ Friday 10:40 AM
- Skai Jackson gets restraining order against Bhad Bhabie after death threat Friday 10:19 AM
Whoops! Mortal Kombat X patch wipes save files
Say goodbye to those alternate costumes.
A patch for the hottest new title in the fighting games world is giving players fits.
Mortal Kombat X players received an unpleasant surprise when their save file was wiped by a new patch from PC port developer High Voltage. The patch, which was designed to alleviate numerous quirks in the game’s PC version, has been pulled while developers determine the root cause of the data loss.
While Mortal Kombat lacks the kind of lengthy story mode of other titles, those who lost their save file likely lost numerous unlockable fatalities and costumes. Players can earn “koins,” the game’s digital currency, and redeem them in the Krypt, an in-game shop for various bonus content.
As of publication, High Voltage has yet to set a timetable for releasing a fixed version of the patch.
H/T IGN | Image via Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
Ian Barker is a former video production contributor to the Daily Dot and Dot Esports. He now works as a social media producer for KXAN.