- How to stream WWE’s Clash of Champions 2019 Saturday 8:00 PM
- How ‘F*ck off Scotland’ became a Scottish rallying cry amid Brexit madness Saturday 6:28 PM
- A Missouri officer resigned after his Islamophobic Facebook posts surfaced Saturday 5:08 PM
- Adding ‘Triggered’ to stock photos of white men creates Netflix comedy special thumbnails Saturday 3:10 PM
- New restaurant in New York has a seriously unfortunate name: ‘Qanoon’ Saturday 1:38 PM
- These are the 10 best ‘Star Wars’ ships Saturday 12:41 PM
- Google Maps helped solve a decades-old missing persons case Saturday 12:27 PM
- Teen who plotted deadly swatting prank over Call of Duty argument gets prison time Saturday 11:58 AM
- RIP to the real star of ‘Stranger Things’: Steve Harrington’s mullet Saturday 11:04 AM
- People are sharing their wholesome stories with #Hey19YearOldMe Saturday 9:20 AM
- Review: The Joule is a pricey, sleek, easy-to-use entry into sous vide Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to stream Saints vs. Rams in NFL Week 2 action Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Redskins in Week 2 action Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Seahawks in Week 2 NFL action Saturday 7:30 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Unbelievable’ examines the nature of victimhood and the long road to justice Saturday 7:30 AM
Misha Collins dishes on his wife’s ‘pornography,’ scavenger hunts, the Internet
This Misha Collins AMA went exactly how you might expect.
There are good AMAs and bad AMAs. And since Supernatural star Misha Collins has never seemed to care about toeing the line of sensible publicity guidelines, his Reddit Q&A session was definitely one of the fun ones.
“I’m glad you enjoyed my wife’s pornography,” he wrote to one fan. But before we get to the porn, let’s start with some crime.
To be precise, Misha Collins’ first comment was to say that “people still get arrested occasionally” during GISHWHES, the worldwide scavenger hunt he organizes every year. But don’t worry, it’s mostly safe. Mostly.
GISHWHES tasks are usually difficult, bizarre, embarrassing, or all three at once, although Collins admits that “there have been several items we have removed from the list because they were too dangerous, perverted or illegal.” Such as photographing yourself on a roof, tied up in a string of Christmas tree lights.
It’s a testament to Misha Collins’ fanbase that most of the questions weren’t about Supernatural. Despite the fact that the show is still the most high-profile acting Collins has done, most of his fans seem more interested in his life, his social media presence, and GISHWHES.
However, he did take time out to answer a question about what it was like to be directed by his co-star Jensen Ackles. “Humiliating,” he said.
Answering a question that has probably been on the minds of many fans, Collins made it clear that no, he isn’t on Tumblr.
“I can barely spell tumblr,” he wrote. “However, there does seem to be someone on tumblr (who copied my reddit user name) who is apparently trying to impersonate me. I like the idea that people are pretending to be me. I spend most of my time pretending not to be me.”
Along with other tidbits of Misha Collins ephemera including the fact that he used to be a White House intern (Clinton era), reaffirmed his wedding vows in drag, and his wife Vicki is known for writing a how-to book on threesomes. Hence why one person at the AMA opened their question with a compliment on the threesome book, before asking if Collins might write something too.
“I’m glad you enjoyed my wife’s pornography,” he replied. “If I write a book it will probably be a book about how not to use the Internet or a book of poetry.”
Or, hopefully, a book of poetry about how not to use the Internet. And because this is Misha Collins, that isn’t totally out of the question.
Photo via /the-end-of-the-line/Tumblr
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor