- Woman who live streamed a police officer’s shooting is receiving death threats 1 Month Ago
- Pre-Prime Day deals you don’t want to miss 1 Month Ago
- Dana Loesch out at NRATV; ‘thoughts and prayers’ for her career are in 1 Month Ago
- Trump’s rant about Megan Rapinoe devolves into treatise about PC culture in the NBA Today 10:41 AM
- Is Millie Bobby Brown joining the MCU? Today 10:39 AM
- Hundreds of thousands demand that Etika’s previously deleted YouTube channel be restored Today 10:18 AM
- Eric Trump says cocktail waitress spit on him in Chicago bar Today 9:47 AM
- Maine governor signs net neutrality bill into law Today 9:07 AM
- How the QAnon movement continues without its messenger Today 8:26 AM
- 6 best Korean beauty products for summer Today 8:17 AM
- ‘The Office’ is leaving Netflix in 2021 Today 7:46 AM
- How to install the iOS 13 beta and test out its best new features Today 7:42 AM
- Swipe This! I want my boyfriend to text me everyday. Is that crazy? Today 7:30 AM
- Why every 2020 Democrat is canceled Today 7:01 AM
- The best LGBTQ movies and series on Amazon Prime Today 7:00 AM
You don’t need me to tell you that Pokémon Go briefly took over the world, and it continues to see strong community support. So I have no doubt that Minecraft Earth will be just as big a craze with its target audiences, in time for the franchise’s 10th anniversary.
Minecraft Earth looks like a different take on the Pokémon Go formula. Players will take their smartphones and, much like how Pokémon Go uses augmented reality tech to put a Pikachu in your front yard, it’ll allow you to mine and place blocks around the world to construct some ridiculous and beautiful things, like a castle tower atop your suburban home. It also looks like Minecraft Earth will show you the game’s various animal and enemy creatures walking around, so apologies to anyone who finds an Enderman in their basement. According to Kotaku, the developers at Mojang say you’ll be able to fight enemies and collect resources around the world, just like in the actual game.
Check out the trailer to see what Microsoft is going for. Minecraft Earth is scheduled to launch a beta this summer on smartphones.
- The 30 best games for the Atari 2600
- The 10 best gaming podcasts for every kind of gamer
- Every Overwatch Map, ranked from worst to best
Joseph Knoop is a gaming writer for Daily Dot, a native Chicagoan, and a slave to all things Overwatch. He co-founded the college geek culture outlet ByteBSU, then interned at Game Informer, and now writes for a bunch websites his parents have never heard of.