- How to watch ‘Outlander’ season 5 online 3 Years Ago
- Kobe Bryant’s complicated online legacy isn’t buried with him Today 6:00 AM
- TikTok teen’s reaction to discovering boyfriend’s cheating goes viral Saturday 4:46 PM
- This may be the creepiest Amazon review you’ll ever read Saturday 3:58 PM
- Bill Maher booed on own show over defense of Bloomberg Saturday 3:37 PM
- Vidgo provides competitive streaming options in both English and Spanish Saturday 3:34 PM
- The Sun allegedly deletes negative Caroline Flack story after her death Saturday 2:48 PM
- How to watch ‘American Idol’ season 18 Saturday 2:00 PM
- James Blake defends girlfriend Jameela Jamil amid allegations she’s faking her illnesses Saturday 1:46 PM
- Viral video purports to show doctors with guns amid coronavirus outbreak Saturday 1:07 PM
- Russian YouTubers pretend to be Greta Thunberg, share alleged prank call with Bernie Sanders Saturday 11:07 AM
- TikTok teens are shaving off their eyebrows to ‘look like’ Kendall Jenner, Bella Hadid Saturday 10:25 AM
- Wendy’s fires employees over viral TikTok sink bath Saturday 9:05 AM
- This dentist wants to know who left him a negative review online Friday 8:16 PM
- Rashida Tlaib detained during protests over airline work conditions Friday 6:51 PM
Fans of Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 have long hoped for a follow-up to the colorful fighting game, originally released in 2011.
Things have been quiet on Capcom’s end, with a focus primarily on the recent Street Fighter V, but rumors are now circulating that a new entry in the crossover series is coming soon. The most substantial update comes from Polygon, reporting that multiple sources can confirm Marvel vs. Capcom 4 will be announced soon with a 2017 release date.
The upcoming PlayStation Experience’s Capcom Cup event, scheduled for this Saturday, is where the reveal is rumored to take place. Polygon’s sources also say that fans of Marvel vs. Capcom 3 should expect news specific to that game soon as well, possibly hinting at a release on current-gen systems.
Marvel vs. Capcom 4 will likely be a PlayStation exclusive, like Street Fighter V, but could make its way to PC and Xbox One eventually. Fans should expect the focus on Marvel’s roster to feature characters from the Marvel Cinematic Universe, rather than X-Men and Fantastic Four characters. Capcom will likely bring familiar faces from Street Fighter and Resident Evil into the fray.
Fortunately, fans won’t have to wait long for updates on Marvel vs. Capcom 4. The reveal could happen as early as this weekend.
AJ Moser is a Brooklyn-based reporter who focuses on video games, movies, and internet culture. His work has appeared in Paste Magazine, Game Informer, and Big Spaceship.