- If you have doubts about HBO’s ‘Watchmen,’ give it more time Sunday 9:00 PM
- Video shows moment coach disarmed student of shotgun, then hugged him Sunday 7:38 PM
- Jared Leto reportedly tried to stop ‘Joker’ from happening Sunday 4:12 PM
- People are grossed out by cow insemination-themed pregnancy announcement Sunday 3:13 PM
- Major protests in Lebanon triggered by plan to tax WhatsApp calls Sunday 1:38 PM
- Frank Ocean’s $60 HIV prevention drug-themed shirts called tone-deaf Sunday 12:49 PM
- ‘Joker’ stairs latest Instagram spot; locals joke about potential robberies Sunday 10:30 AM
- PewDiePie banned in China after reacting to Winnie the Pooh memes Sunday 8:46 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Eagles on Sunday Night Football Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to stream Chargers vs. Titans in Week 7 Sunday 6:00 AM
- 13 spooky romance games for adults Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 9 Sunday 5:00 AM
- How to stream Impact Wrestling’s Bound For Glory Sunday 5:00 AM
- How to stream Bills vs. Dolphins in Week 7 Sunday 4:30 AM
- How to stream Jaguars vs. Bengals in Week 7 Sunday 4:00 AM
The work of art commemorating the film was created by 10 prominent graffiti artists, who worked at breakneck speeds to turn the project into a reality. Covering two sides of what appears to be a warehouse in Los Angeles, the work of art came together in less than three days.
According to a photographer who worked on the project, the footage released by Marvel was a combination of time-lapse techniques, virtual reality, and live shots.
Many artists involved in the project had previously taken to Instagram to post photos of the work as they were rushing to complete it. A majority of these shots highlight the gargantuan size of the mural, which saw artists riding on scissor lifts as they spray-painted iconic superheroes like Iron Man, Captain America, and Black Widow.
Spoiler Alert. @Facebook, on behalf of @marvel and @disney asked me to assemble a team of artists, with their own unique powers and abilities, to create an animated mural to promote #captainamericacivilwar . With the deft hand of @thewolfcounsel we assembled @apexer @drastrock @saturnoart @nicholasnak @tewsr @dcypher_dtrcbs @thehext @dytch66 & Plek to paint in 3 weather challenged days one of the finest murals I have ever been part of. Thank you team Facebook for the trust to go where no one has before. @scottdrey @teevazz @jenlou & Tom …. Now just wait for the video *art*ifact directed by @codytesnow to see a murals true superpowers #captainamericagraffitiwar #windsorberg
A photo posted by Jeben (@jebenair) on
Here’s an awkward angled picture of a little something I added to the @captainamericacivilwar production today. Along with the super power dope squad @dcypher_dtrcbs @dytch66 @drastrock @thehext @nicholasnak @thewolfcounsel @saturnoart @jebenair @waistedcrew @picture_82 @mr_reds0ne @apexer #marvel #captainamericagraffitiwar #captainamericacivilwar #influence #teamwork #graffiti #graffitiart #portraits #surrealism #details #cbscrew #waistedcrew #mzk1973 #globalart #thefalcon #anthonymackie
A photo posted by Mike (@tewsr) on
Part of the huge production for @captainamerica_civilwar working with a strong team @thewolfcounsel @nicholasnak @drastrock @saturnoart @dytch66 @tewsr @apexer @thehext and Plek Wai/Cbs #captainamericacivilwar #marvel #ironman #warmachine#captainamericagraffitiwar
A photo posted by Dcypher_dtrcbs (@dcypher_dtrcbs) on
Expect a slew of selfies at the mural as fans seek to find its exact location. Let’s hope it includes a shawarma place.
A former Weekend Editor at the Daily Dot, April Siese's reporting covers everything from technology and politics to web culture and humor. Her work has been published by Bustle, Uproxx, Death and Taxes, Rolling Stone, the Daily Beast, Thrillist, Atlas Obscura, and others. Siese joined Quartz in December 2016.