- Justin Bieber fans are damaging one of Iceland’s top tourist spots 3 Years Ago
- James Charles drops 41-minute response video to Tati Westbrook’s accusations 3 Years Ago
- Watch what happens when this Twitch streamer quits his job on camera Today 12:25 PM
- Men are finally sharing their abortion stories Today 10:58 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Maria’ is a trigger-happy B-movie Today 9:07 AM
- How to stream Money in the Bank 2019 for free Today 9:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8, episode 6 for free Today 8:00 AM
- These ‘Game of Thrones’ houses are gone forever Today 7:54 AM
- The 10 best anime movies on Hulu Today 7:00 AM
- Vibe TV puts a premium price tag on piracy Today 6:00 AM
- Twitter unites in collective confusion over ‘Democrats for Trump’ trending Saturday 2:28 PM
- YouTube star tweets and deletes video of his Black cousin ‘Peanut’ acting as a stool Saturday 1:04 PM
- The ‘Do you wash your legs in the shower’ debate has now escalated to feet Saturday 12:20 PM
- Trump posts a world-class golf score, and the internet laughs at him Saturday 10:46 AM
- Lili Reinhart dragged the ‘Game of Thrones’ petition, sparking debate about TV and ‘fan service’ Saturday 9:42 AM
Watch this massive ‘Captain America: Civil War’ mural come together
The mural came together in under 72 hours.
The work of art commemorating the film was created by 10 prominent graffiti artists, who worked at breakneck speeds to turn the project into a reality. Covering two sides of what appears to be a warehouse in Los Angeles, the work of art came together in less than three days.
According to a photographer who worked on the project, the footage released by Marvel was a combination of time-lapse techniques, virtual reality, and live shots.
Many artists involved in the project had previously taken to Instagram to post photos of the work as they were rushing to complete it. A majority of these shots highlight the gargantuan size of the mural, which saw artists riding on scissor lifts as they spray-painted iconic superheroes like Iron Man, Captain America, and Black Widow.
Spoiler Alert. @Facebook, on behalf of @marvel and @disney asked me to assemble a team of artists, with their own unique powers and abilities, to create an animated mural to promote #captainamericacivilwar . With the deft hand of @thewolfcounsel we assembled @apexer @drastrock @saturnoart @nicholasnak @tewsr @dcypher_dtrcbs @thehext @dytch66 & Plek to paint in 3 weather challenged days one of the finest murals I have ever been part of. Thank you team Facebook for the trust to go where no one has before. @scottdrey @teevazz @jenlou & Tom …. Now just wait for the video *art*ifact directed by @codytesnow to see a murals true superpowers #captainamericagraffitiwar #windsorberg
A photo posted by Jeben (@jebenair) on
Here’s an awkward angled picture of a little something I added to the @captainamericacivilwar production today. Along with the super power dope squad @dcypher_dtrcbs @dytch66 @drastrock @thehext @nicholasnak @thewolfcounsel @saturnoart @jebenair @waistedcrew @picture_82 @mr_reds0ne @apexer #marvel #captainamericagraffitiwar #captainamericacivilwar #influence #teamwork #graffiti #graffitiart #portraits #surrealism #details #cbscrew #waistedcrew #mzk1973 #globalart #thefalcon #anthonymackie
A photo posted by Mike (@tewsr) on
Part of the huge production for @captainamerica_civilwar working with a strong team @thewolfcounsel @nicholasnak @drastrock @saturnoart @dytch66 @tewsr @apexer @thehext and Plek Wai/Cbs #captainamericacivilwar #marvel #ironman #warmachine#captainamericagraffitiwar
A photo posted by Dcypher_dtrcbs (@dcypher_dtrcbs) on
Expect a slew of selfies at the mural as fans seek to find its exact location. Let’s hope it includes a shawarma place.
A former Weekend Editor at the Daily Dot, April Siese's reporting covers everything from technology and politics to web culture and humor. Her work has been published by Bustle, Uproxx, Death and Taxes, Rolling Stone, the Daily Beast, Thrillist, Atlas Obscura, and others. Siese joined Quartz in December 2016.