- California residents will get cell phone alerts seconds before earthquakes 3 Years Ago
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. RCD Mallorca 3 Years Ago
- Trump accused of ‘using the language of ethnic cleansing’ regarding Kurds Today 1:42 PM
- Hillary Clinton also thinks Tulsi Gabbard is a Russian bot Today 1:13 PM
- TikTok girls dancing to voicemails from sh*tty exes is a vibe Today 12:34 PM
- Netflix reports strong growth—but it faces 3 major hurdles in Q4 Today 12:33 PM
- Telegram is hosting videos of extrajudicial killings in Syria Today 12:32 PM
- ‘El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie’ tops 8 million viewers in first week Today 11:31 AM
- ‘Uncut Gems’ brings a high-stakes gambling risk to life Today 11:29 AM
- Mark Zuckerberg gives a revisionist history about why he started Facebook in big speech Today 10:52 AM
- Would Hitler be allowed to tweet? Today 10:21 AM
- Twitch star Amouranth caught driving while streaming Today 9:26 AM
- John Mulaney rails on e-scooters after ‘baby boomer’ nearly hits his dog Today 9:07 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Newcastle Today 9:00 AM
- How to stream Atletico Madrid vs. Valencia Today 9:00 AM
Luke Cage was the headline act this year, introducing the long-awaited solo series with Mike Colter in the lead role.
The teaser trailer was action-focused, which isn’t hugely surprising for a bulletproof hero who met his match in the super-strong Jessica Jones last year. It’s also light on plot details, aside from the introduction of Mahershala Ali as Cornell Stokes, an updated version of a crime boss villain who appeared in Luke Cage’s Power Man comics.
Marvel also posted the first trailer for Iron Fist, the studio’s fourth Netflix series. Starring Game of Thrones‘ Finn Jones as martial arts master Danny Rand, this short teaser doesn’t really have the personality of Luke Cage, mostly serving as a reminder that Iron Fist exists. However, it’s worth remembering that Iron Fist is still in production whereas Luke Cage will premiere in September, so Danny Rand still has plenty of time to win us over.
With Iron Fist on the horizon, it’s finally time for Marvel’s four New York heroes to team up for The Defenders. This miniseries will be an interesting new step for the MCU, but since it hasn’t started filming yet, the teaser was more like an announcement video. The Defenders will arrive in 2017, and the teaser hints that the main antagonist may be the ninja cult known as The Hand. (Oh, and there’s a third season of Daredevil on the way, but you probably guessed that already.)
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor