- Indie game publisher announces Playdate, a console with a hand crank Wednesday 8:18 PM
- How to get The Sims 4 for free Wednesday 7:45 PM
- Trump’s Rose Garden podium sign is the perfect meme canvas Wednesday 7:34 PM
- Forest Whitaker to produce adaptation of novel ‘Hello, Universe’ for Netflix Wednesday 6:58 PM
- Baltimore still refuses to pay hackers who hit city with ransomware Wednesday 5:34 PM
- Net neutrality advocates slam ‘extremely troubling’ letter circulating among some House Dems Wednesday 4:52 PM
- Moms and grandmas are infiltrating TikTok Wednesday 4:35 PM
- Did Britain’s head Brexiter hide in a bus to avoid getting hit by a milkshake? Wednesday 4:26 PM
- This woman who thought she saw a handmaid about to jump from a building is very relieved Wednesday 4:18 PM
- Michael Avenatti allegedly defrauded Stormy Daniels to pay for a Ferrari Wednesday 3:53 PM
- HBO has no plans for an Arya Stark spinoff series Wednesday 3:28 PM
- Republicans and Democrats agree on dangers of facial recognition tech Wednesday 3:18 PM
- Amazon is using video games and ‘swag bucks’ to incentivize workers Wednesday 3:04 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Netflix in June Wednesday 2:46 PM
- This Michael Jackson makeup meme is sweeping TikTok Wednesday 2:45 PM
We have waited for this day for so long.
Those of us who went to elementary school in the ’80s and ’90s have nothing but fond memories for the garish, saccharine art of Lisa Frank. Decades later, Lisa Frank nostalgia runs deep on the internet among Tumblr users and those who embrace the awesomely and absurdly loud style.
Frank has capitalized on her fandom crowd, making everything from coloring books to sheets. But her latest addition takes it to a new level: a clothing line.
Sold through online retailer RageOn!, the new line falls solidly in the realm of Miley Cyrus-inspired stoner vogue, with a touch of meme for good measure. Prices range from $24.99 to $59.99 and include tank dresses, crop tops, tees, leggings, and sweatshirts. And in case you’re wondering why there aren’t shoes to match, you can find the company’s flip-flop collection on Shoeminded.
Whether you believe in the dark underpinnings of Frank’s artistic message or merely want to adorn your butt in unicorns, one thing is sure—the world is better with these garments in them. Go forth and enjoy.
Colette Bennett is a writer and editor who specializes in geek culture, beauty products, and Amazon deals. Her work has appeared on CNN, HLN, Engadget, Kotaku, Colourlovers, and Continue Magazine. She's also given talks on working in news for CNN's Leadership Unplugged program. Bennett also runs popular Korean beauty blog Chok Chok Beauty and regularly slathers her face in snail slime.