- How to watch the New Orleans Bowl online for free 10 Months Ago
- Prada’s racist toys pulled from shelves after social media backlash 10 Months Ago
- How to watch the Camellia Bowl online for free 10 Months Ago
- How to watch the Las Vegas Bowl online for free Today 8:30 AM
- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Rayo Vallecano online for free Today 7:30 AM
- ‘Runaways’ season 2 expands its universe and mysteries Today 7:30 AM
- How to watch the Cure Bowl online for free Today 7:05 AM
- How to watch Canelo Alvarez vs. Rocky Fielding for free Today 7:00 AM
- Politicians who inspired the internet in 2018 Today 6:30 AM
- Here are all the college bowl games on TV today Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch the New Mexico Bowl online for free Today 5:15 AM
- How to watch the Celebration Bowl online for free Today 4:55 AM
- How to watch Borussia Dortmund vs. Werder Bremen online for free Today 3:00 AM
- Report: DACA recipients increasingly being denied federal housing loans Friday 3:54 PM
- Chris Christie is finally getting praise—for turning down Donald Trump Friday 3:39 PM
‘Krypton’s Brainiac looks seriously creepy in new trailer
Up until now, we felt kind of “meh” about Krypton, Syfy’s upcoming Superman prequel series. With a dozen other superhero shows on the air right now, it’s hard to get excited about an Inhumans lookalike starring another square-jawed TV hunk in a leather jacket. But Syfy just released a teaser video about Brainiac, and he looks genuinely cool.
Brainiac is a classic DC Comics villain, a green-skinned cyborg with links to Superman’s backstory. Since Krypton is about Superman’s grandfather, he’s a perfect fit. This featurette introduces Brainiac’s skull-shaped spaceship and some CGI-heavy scenes that suggest Krypton has a bigger budget than we thought. It also shows actor Blake Ritson in some seriously transformative makeup, giving him a real Supreme Leader Snoke vibe.
This is just the second time we’ve seen a live-action version of the character, following James Marsters’ disappointingly human-looking role in Smallville.
Krypton stars Cameron Cuffe as Superman’s grandfather Seg-El, fighting to regain his family honor. By introducing Adam Strange, a time traveler from present-day Earth, the trailer suggests he has closer ties to Superman than you expect. Seg-El seems to face a choice about Krypton’s future destruction, putting Superman’s Earthbound timeline in jeopardy.
Krypton begins on March 21.
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested.