- ‘Bachelor’ contestant apologizes for ‘White Lives Matter’ photo shoot Today 12:13 AM
- ‘Sonic The Hedgehog’ sets box office record for video game movies Sunday 8:15 PM
- Truck driver allegedly watching porn kills teen driver in a car crash Sunday 6:44 PM
- Is the Buttigieg campaign behind this pro-Pete Nigerian Twitter account? Sunday 4:58 PM
- Mask that has your face printed on it allows you to unlock your phone during viral epidemics Sunday 3:52 PM
- Justin Bieber slid into the DMs of someone who hated his new album Sunday 1:05 PM
- HQ Trivia host and co-founder in Twitter feud amid shutdown Sunday 12:10 PM
- YouTuber shamed for fake call with Caroline Flack after her death Sunday 10:59 AM
- This MAGA-loving Keanu Reeves imposter isn’t fooling anyone Sunday 10:16 AM
- How to watch ‘Outlander’ season 5 online Sunday 8:00 AM
- Kobe Bryant’s complicated online legacy isn’t buried with him Sunday 6:00 AM
- TikTok teen’s reaction to discovering boyfriend’s cheating goes viral Saturday 4:46 PM
- This may be the creepiest Amazon review you’ll ever read Saturday 3:58 PM
- Bill Maher booed on own show over defense of Bloomberg Saturday 3:37 PM
- The Sun allegedly deletes negative Caroline Flack story after her death Saturday 2:48 PM
Read J.J. Abrams’s touching handwritten note to his ‘Star Wars’ cast and crew
“The world awaits this film.”
Now, J.J. Abrams’ opening-day note to his cast and crew has surfaced, revealing not just an awareness of the intergalactic size of the task they have set before them, but also his knowledge that the whole world is watching:
“Dearest Cast and Crew,” the note reads:
What an honor it is to work beside all of you, on Star Wars Ep VII. I can’t thank you enough, for all work past and future. Let’s take good care of not just ourselves, but of each other. Amazing, but true: the world awaits this film. Let’s give ‘em something GREAT.
Abrams is leaving one troubled starship in his wake as he exits the Star Trek franchise to helm another beloved sci-fi franchise in a galaxy far, far away. But that hasn’t stopped fan enthusiasm for the film from gaining steam as details about the cast have surfaced, some from surprising places.
So will Abrams’ farewell note on the final day of production be as rosy and optimistic? We can only hope so.
May the force of a beloved industry-smashing, Disney-backed, high-budgeted Hollywood production be with you.
Photo by JD Hancock
Aja Romano is a geek culture reporter and fandom expert. Their reporting at the Daily Dot covered everything from Harry Potter and anime to Tumblr and Gamergate. Romano joined Vox as a staff reporter in 2016.