- Amanda Holden’s bad coronavirus advice sheds light on the struggle of being immunocompromised Friday 9:03 PM
- The World Health Organization is now fighting coronavirus misinformation on TikTok Friday 8:43 PM
- Police are using coronavirus misinformation to trick people into turning in drugs Friday 8:11 PM
- People can’t stop touching their faces–and the CDC really wants them to Friday 7:31 PM
- A TikTok of a girl getting an abortion is going viral—and the internet is divided Friday 3:06 PM
- FCC proposes $200 million fine for T-Mobile, others over data sharing Friday 3:03 PM
- Which ‘Love is Blind’ couples are still together? Friday 2:01 PM
- Review: ‘The Invisible Man’ reboot is thrilling but basic Friday 1:25 PM
- Sex workers speak out after OnlyFans leak Friday 1:21 PM
- Normani addresses Camila Cabello’s racist social media posts Friday 1:07 PM
- Mike Huckabee’s defense of Trump’s coronavirus response will make you nauseous Friday 12:06 PM
- Gmail’s email filtering may affect what candidate emails you are seeing Friday 11:08 AM
- Woman shares aftermath of domestic abuse: ‘This is only to raise awareness’ Friday 10:40 AM
- Skai Jackson gets restraining order against Bhad Bhabie after death threat Friday 10:19 AM
- Taylor Swift shades Scooter Braun in ‘The Man’ video Friday 10:15 AM
Fans help Jack Frost and Queen Elsa find magical, frosty love
These phenomenal cosplayers have brought the love of Rise of the Guardians‘ Jack Frost and Frozen‘s Queen Elsa to life.
But when it joins forces with other animated film fandoms, Frozen delivers something entirely different: an epic, original love story between two lonely ice magicians. Now, an incredible cosplay group is bringing the love of Queen Elsa and Rise of the Guardians’ Jack Frost to life.
The romance of Jack and Elsa, or “Jelsa,” as its largely Tumblr-based fandom of shippers has dubbed it, is an entirely fan-created pairing. The characters are from two films from different animation studios. Jack Frost is a product of Dreamworks. It’s unlikely he’d ever actually star in a crossover with Disney’s Elsa. But as you can see from this epic photoshoot by Korean photographer “Lento,” they’re a match made in Frost Heaven:
The photoshoot features cosplayer Ato Kyol as Elsa and friend Delight as Jack.
Can we just say we’re in love?
The Jelsa fandom exploded in November shortly after the release of Frozen. Along with an epic five-way crossover fandom known as the Rise of the Brave Tangled Frozen Dragons, it’s part of a new and exciting online fandom for animated films. But Jelsa is something apart from the rest, because it demonstrates just how perfect a good crossover can be. After all, what’s more perfect than pairing two white-haired, blue-adorned, solitary-by-choice magicians whose ice magic keeps them forever isolated from companionship? C’mon, these two are obviously OTP.
It shouldn’t be possible for cosplay to turn you into a giant vat of emotions. Congrats, Korea. Just when we thought Japan had given us some next-level cosplay, you guys just raised the bar.
After you’re done sobbing, that is.
All photos by “Lento” featuring Ato Kyeol and Delight via llento.woobi.co.kr
Aja Romano is a geek culture reporter and fandom expert. Their reporting at the Daily Dot covered everything from Harry Potter and anime to Tumblr and Gamergate. Romano joined Vox as a staff reporter in 2016.