- Furries stop domestic assault in viral video Wednesday 6:10 PM
- Gritty under police investigation for allegedly punching a teen fan Wednesday 6:04 PM
- Twitter users throw animal parties with emoji in new meme Wednesday 5:21 PM
- Woman who went viral supporting Soleimani killing exposed as Libyan militia lobbyist Wednesday 5:01 PM
- Jeff Bezos subtweets Saudi prince following phone hack report Wednesday 3:29 PM
- ‘Yeah, good. OK’ Bernie Sanders meme is a new way to dismiss people Wednesday 3:10 PM
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ recap: Petty displays of affection Wednesday 2:12 PM
- Makeup artist transforms into Timothée Chalamet on TikTok Wednesday 1:54 PM
- Iguanas are falling from trees—and people are selling them online for food Wednesday 1:02 PM
- 75,000 sign petition to fire Wendy Williams after ‘cleft lip’ comment about Joaquin Phoenix Wednesday 12:30 PM
- Kim Kardashian says Kylie Jenner’s setting spray is ‘cheap sh*t’ Wednesday 11:59 AM
- Trump continues to demand Apple unlock iPhones for the government Wednesday 11:46 AM
- Police officer suspended after video of a handcuffed Delonte West surfaces Wednesday 11:33 AM
- ‘Girls don’t want a boyfriend’ meme leaves boyfriends in 2019 Wednesday 11:21 AM
- Are these tweets about ‘The Bachelor’ or Trump’s impeachment? Wednesday 10:45 AM
Ahead of a sequel—or in the case of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, its entire lineup—fans will often rewatch previous movies to catch themselves up, and now Marvel fans will be able to watch both Guardians of the Galaxy films when Vol. 2 debuts in theaters.
James Gunn revealed Saturday that select theaters will host a Guardians of the Galaxy marathon in RealD 3D on May 4, one day before Vol. 2 opens. In a Facebook post with a new poster for the film, Gunn called it “over four hours of Guardians of bliss” and said that fans who attended the marathon would get “an exclusive poster and souvenir collectible button set.”
See a Marvel Studios Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 1/Vol. 2 double feature exclusively in RealD3D on Thursday May 4th at...Posted by James Gunn on Saturday, March 25, 2017
Guardians of the Galaxy will screen at 4:30pm local time with Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 showing afterwards.
It’s not the first time movie theaters have hosted opening-night marathons. They had a triple feature ahead of Captain America: Civil War, one for Phase 1, and a full Marvel marathons lasting more than a day. But Thanos aside, the rest of the MCU has yet to really cross into Guardians of the Galaxy territory, so just screening the two films together makes a lot more sense.
You can purchase tickets and find participating theaters near you on Fandango.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.