- The ’24 hours to respond’ meme holds celebrities to a higher standard Monday 8:46 PM
- Twitter users miss the kids who walked in on their dad’s interview Monday 8:40 PM
- ‘The Thing About Men’ Twitter hashtag is full of sarcasm and misogyny Monday 7:27 PM
- This woman said Hillary Clinton losing the 2016 election gave her PTSD, and people are furious Monday 6:45 PM
- Vanessa Bryant files a lawsuit against helicopter company after deaths of Kobe and Gianna Monday 5:49 PM
- Michael Jordan cries at Kobe Bryant memorial, jokes about creating a new meme Monday 4:43 PM
- Woman’s boyfriend says it’s him or the frogs—Reddit says choose the frogs Monday 4:22 PM
- Greyhound buses will no longer allow Border Patrol checks Monday 4:04 PM
- ‘Eat Them To Defeat Them’ is oddly about vegetables—not about eating the rich Monday 3:26 PM
- Marco Rubio mocked for filming talking while driving socialism critique Monday 2:54 PM
- QAnon believer asks Trump’s campaign press secretary who Q is Monday 2:36 PM
- Octavia Spencer has discovered ‘Ma’ memes—and she can’t get enough Monday 2:09 PM
- Meet the anti-Greta Thunberg, a climate ‘skeptic’ funded by the oil industry Monday 1:12 PM
- Harvey Weinstein convicted of rape and sexual assault Monday 12:56 PM
- Senator calls Facebook’s current election disinformation efforts ‘inadequate’ in letter Monday 12:11 PM
‘Harry Potter’ fan designs fantastically detailed Marauder’s Map dress
Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs would be proud.
A creative and talented Harry Potter fan managed her mischief in the best way possible by creating a stunning Marauder’s Map dress. While the dress was made for last year’s LeakyCon, redditor thewintersgo only recently shared images of her magical creation on Imgur and Reddit.
She explained on Imgur that it took her a week to create the dress using canvas and fine-tip Sharpie. She based her design on the Noble Collection’s replica Marauder’s Map, but she also added some flourishes of her own.
“Fun fact, everything from Dumbledore’s office to the tower on the right is completely made up,” she wrote. “It was the last thing I did and I was familiar enough with the style of the map to totally make shit up because I got tired of copying it meticulously and wanted to get more creative for a little portion of it.”
She included a number of Harry Potter characters on the dress as well.
It’s hard to believe, but this detailed dress is her first one. It might be her last, however, as she said on Imgur that it was “far too much work (and strain on my sewing machine—4 layers of canvas is THICK) to ever make another one, but it was worth it!”
Photo via Karen Roe/Flickr (CC BY 2.0)
Lisa Granshaw reports on pop culture and geek fashion and is the founder of GeekFold. You can find her work on Syfy, Boing Boing, and Geek and Sundry.