- Behold: 12 straight hours of ‘Stranger Things” Alexei drinking a Slurpee 4 Years Ago
- Influencer couple under fire for using holy water to splash genitals in Bali Today 1:29 PM
- These are the 10 best villains DC comics has ever conceived Today 1:11 PM
- The Daily Wire accused of stealing art design from pop artist for its merchandise Today 12:09 PM
- Instagram model Rianne Meijer on keeping it real with her followers Today 10:52 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Leicester City Today 8:30 AM
- Florida man arrested after allegedly texting girlfriend his mass shooting plans Today 8:27 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Celta Vigo Today 8:20 AM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Vikings in NFL preseason action Today 8:00 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Chiefs in NFL preseason action Today 6:30 AM
- Chuck E. Cheese recycles pizza is the conspiracy theory that won’t die Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs Rams in NFL preseason action Today 6:00 AM
- Cómo ver el UFC 241: Daniel Cormier vs. Stipe Miocic Today 6:00 AM
- How to live stream UFC 241: Daniel Cormier vs. Stipe Miocic Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream Manchester City vs. Tottenham Hotspur Friday 6:59 PM
‘Harry Potter’ fan designs fantastically detailed Marauder’s Map dress
Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs would be proud.
A creative and talented Harry Potter fan managed her mischief in the best way possible by creating a stunning Marauder’s Map dress. While the dress was made for last year’s LeakyCon, redditor thewintersgo only recently shared images of her magical creation on Imgur and Reddit.
She explained on Imgur that it took her a week to create the dress using canvas and fine-tip Sharpie. She based her design on the Noble Collection’s replica Marauder’s Map, but she also added some flourishes of her own.
“Fun fact, everything from Dumbledore’s office to the tower on the right is completely made up,” she wrote. “It was the last thing I did and I was familiar enough with the style of the map to totally make shit up because I got tired of copying it meticulously and wanted to get more creative for a little portion of it.”
She included a number of Harry Potter characters on the dress as well.
It’s hard to believe, but this detailed dress is her first one. It might be her last, however, as she said on Imgur that it was “far too much work (and strain on my sewing machine—4 layers of canvas is THICK) to ever make another one, but it was worth it!”
Photo via Karen Roe/Flickr (CC BY 2.0)
Lisa Granshaw reports on pop culture and geek fashion and is the founder of GeekFold. You can find her work on Syfy, Boing Boing, and Geek and Sundry.