- Angela Abar wrestles with destiny in ‘Watchmen’ episode 8 Sunday 9:05 PM
- Guy who runs Trump Organization Twitter account caught hyping up own tweet Sunday 4:51 PM
- People found out how tall Olaf is–and now ‘Frozen’ is terrifying Sunday 3:41 PM
- Rapper Juice WRLD dead at 21 Sunday 3:02 PM
- Embody Andrew Yang, fight other presidential candidates in video game Sunday 2:33 PM
- Ariana Grande spoke with TikTok teen who looks exactly like her Sunday 1:00 PM
- Beyoncé accused of paying dancers ‘low rates’ Sunday 11:58 AM
- Timmy Thick blasted for saying the N-word in comeback video Sunday 9:11 AM
- Netflix’s ‘The Confession Killer’ is a devastating and well-built portrait of a con artist Sunday 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! I’m ashamed to tell anyone about my online shopping habit Sunday 6:00 AM
- UPS facing backlash for thanking police after employee killed in shootout Saturday 5:02 PM
- Sanders campaign fires staffer after anti-Semitic, homophobic tweets surface Saturday 3:13 PM
- Brother Nature was attacked, says everyone just watched with phones out Saturday 2:45 PM
- Ryan Reynolds’ gin company hires Peloton wife for ad Saturday 1:24 PM
- Ex-vegan YouTuber accused of fraud after following meat-only diet Saturday 1:11 PM
‘Harry Potter’ fan designs fantastically detailed Marauder’s Map dress
Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs would be proud.
A creative and talented Harry Potter fan managed her mischief in the best way possible by creating a stunning Marauder’s Map dress. While the dress was made for last year’s LeakyCon, redditor thewintersgo only recently shared images of her magical creation on Imgur and Reddit.
She explained on Imgur that it took her a week to create the dress using canvas and fine-tip Sharpie. She based her design on the Noble Collection’s replica Marauder’s Map, but she also added some flourishes of her own.
“Fun fact, everything from Dumbledore’s office to the tower on the right is completely made up,” she wrote. “It was the last thing I did and I was familiar enough with the style of the map to totally make shit up because I got tired of copying it meticulously and wanted to get more creative for a little portion of it.”
She included a number of Harry Potter characters on the dress as well.
It’s hard to believe, but this detailed dress is her first one. It might be her last, however, as she said on Imgur that it was “far too much work (and strain on my sewing machine—4 layers of canvas is THICK) to ever make another one, but it was worth it!”
Photo via Karen Roe/Flickr (CC BY 2.0)
Lisa Granshaw reports on pop culture and geek fashion and is the founder of GeekFold. You can find her work on Syfy, Boing Boing, and Geek and Sundry.