- PDF Association dunks on Mueller report PDF Friday 7:33 PM
- Robert Downey Jr. says ‘Endgame’ finale is ‘best 8 minutes’ of any MCU film Friday 4:42 PM
- Elizabeth Warren calls on Congress to impeach Trump Friday 3:43 PM
- BlackBerry Messenger is still a thing—but not for much longer Friday 2:56 PM
- Matt Gaetz hires speechwriter fired by White House for attending white nationalist event Friday 1:33 PM
- Here’s why Elon Musk is a sheep on Twitter Friday 12:14 PM
- Trump is already running Facebook ads on the Mueller report Friday 12:07 PM
- 20 thoughtful gifts grads actually want Friday 12:00 PM
- 7 of the best psychological thriller movies on Shudder Friday 11:44 AM
- Seth Abramson’s epic Mueller thread finally comes to a conclusion Friday 11:40 AM
- Netflix is testing out a random play feature Friday 11:28 AM
- Teen star Danielle Cohn faked pregnancy for YouTube prank Friday 10:55 AM
- How to watch ‘A Discovery of Witches’ for free Friday 10:42 AM
- Rev up your own family rivalries with these ‘Game of Thrones’ board games Friday 10:29 AM
- Mueller’s ‘harm to ongoing matter’ is the best way to stay silent about your life Friday 10:21 AM
You might need to save up to afford some of these, but there’s no denying you’ll look stunning!
Corsets add instant drama and romance to your outfit—and when they’re themed after your favorite fandom, there’s even more to love.
Geeky corsets seem to be mainly created by independent designers rather than offered by big mainstream brands, but there are still plenty to choose from. There are all different types of corsets as well when it comes to style and price. Some are handmade true corset styles that come at a hefty price, while others are more affordable with the corset look but are not quite as elaborate. You can also find corsets representing a variety of fandoms.
For those not sure where to start, we tracked down 10 stylish options that are perfect for any geek looking to give the garment a try.
Thanks to the stunning combination of black and white comic print and blood red accents, this corset created by Emerald Angel Designs looks perfect for your next convention or night out! Inspired by The Walking Dead, it features images from the comic as well as the recognizable logo so there can be no question about your love for the series. The corset is made to order, has steel boning, and is available for $240.
There may be a new live-action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie out in theaters, but can anything really beat the original ’80s cartoon? The classic cartoon versions of Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael, and Michelangelo bring their turtle power to this corset by 1138Clothing. It won’t empty your wallet quite as much as some of the other options at $115, and it’s made to order with plastic boning.
3) Star Trek Print Corsets
You can stun without a phaser in this Star Trek corset. Trek fans will enjoy Castle Corsetry’s two made-to-order “Final Frontier” options. The photo print and comic print corsets feature images from The Original Series, making them a perfect choice if you’ll be celebrating the show’s 50th anniversary this year. Both have steel boning and start at $275.
A photo posted by Laura McCraw (@corsetchick) on
The Dark Knight gets a slight steampunk twist in this design by Silver Leaf Costumes. A hand-tooled leather Batman symbol makes the inspiration behind this corset clear, though anyone interested in wearing the matching belt while you fight crime will need to purchase it separately. The corset has steel boning and is on the pricer end of the spectrum at $300.
5) Pride and Prejudice and Zombies Lace-Up Corset
Those looking for an option that’s affordable and still offers the corset look might want to check out this Hot Topic item. The lace-up corset is part of the company’s Pride and Prejudice and Zombies collection released earlier this year. The themed print is perfect for those that want to show their love of zombies and classic literature! It has a hook and eye closure and is selling for $47.60.
No one will be able to take the sky from you while wearing this corset. Browncoats will love the Firefly print amid the gold and orange of this piece. It’s a combination that makes it subtly geeky and perfect for any occasion. Made by Venefica Clothing and Corsetry, it has steel boning and costs $145.
Feel like a Time Lord with this corset from Mad Girl Clothing by Pendragon Costumes. The Doctor Who print is actually just one choice available for this printed fabric sided corset. You can also customize it with a variety of leather colors, fabrics, and clasps, or choose your own geeky fabric to make this the corset of your dreams for $195.
Gamers might want to level up their fashion with this Super Mario Bros. corset. The corset shows Mario and other familiar imagery on all sides. Complete with plastic boning, it’s another option for those who don’t want to spend all the coins they’ve collected on a corset. This design by Agent 13 Cosplay is a value at $50.
Comic book fans who believe there’s never a bad time to add more Deadpool to their lives might want to consider this item. The red and black corset by Damsel in this Dress features the Deadpool symbol and will make you look stylish whether you’re breaking the fourth wall or eating chimichangas. It’s also not quite as expensive as other options at $79.
You can show off your Hogwarts house with pride in one of these corsets from ThinkGeek. Inspired by the Harry Potter films, these are another option for anyone who wants the corset look but can’t afford to spend too much money. It has plastic boning, a side zipper, and a removable mini-tie. You can choose from Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, and Slytherin designs and it’s only $34.99.
Lisa Granshaw reports on pop culture and geek fashion and is the founder of GeekFold. You can find her work on Syfy, Boing Boing, and Geek and Sundry.