- West Virginia corrections employees suspended after Nazi salute photo surfaces Thursday 8:02 PM
- Here are the 15 best Eddie Murphy movies available to stream Thursday 7:56 PM
- Ex-InfoWars video editor admits to making up Islamophobic stories Thursday 6:55 PM
- WhatsApp accounts deleted amid Kashmir internet blackout Thursday 6:21 PM
- Guy gets mocked for tattoo of Baby Yoda drinking White Claw Thursday 6:18 PM
- Spotify Wrapped has people asking just how much it knows about us Thursday 5:50 PM
- Instagram account allegedly asked for inappropriate photos of children Thursday 5:16 PM
- How to stream ‘Boys vs. Bears on Thursday Night Football Thursday 4:33 PM
- Woman caught her boyfriend cheating through his Fitbit Thursday 4:29 PM
- The Pete Buttigieg ‘High Hopes’ dance was designed by an intern Thursday 4:17 PM
- TikTok admits to hiding content made by fat, LGBTQ, and disabled users Thursday 3:58 PM
- ‘Merry Happy Whatever’ is an unoriginal sitcom with plenty of holiday cheer Thursday 3:55 PM
- The ‘Pod Save America’ Bros are losing it over Joe Biden’s newest ad Thursday 3:28 PM
- Van Halen had a wholesome response in defense of Billie Eilish Thursday 3:15 PM
- Influencer faces wrath of K-pop fans after her son played with penis-shaped soap Thursday 1:27 PM
10 geeky corsets that make a fandom fashion statement
You might need to save up to afford some of these, but there’s no denying you’ll look stunning!
Corsets add instant drama and romance to your outfit—and when they’re themed after your favorite fandom, there’s even more to love.
Geeky corsets seem to be mainly created by independent designers rather than offered by big mainstream brands, but there are still plenty to choose from. There are all different types of corsets as well when it comes to style and price. Some are handmade true corset styles that come at a hefty price, while others are more affordable with the corset look but are not quite as elaborate. You can also find corsets representing a variety of fandoms.
For those not sure where to start, we tracked down 10 stylish options that are perfect for any geek looking to give the garment a try.
Thanks to the stunning combination of black and white comic print and blood red accents, this corset created by Emerald Angel Designs looks perfect for your next convention or night out! Inspired by The Walking Dead, it features images from the comic as well as the recognizable logo so there can be no question about your love for the series. The corset is made to order, has steel boning, and is available for $240.
There may be a new live-action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie out in theaters, but can anything really beat the original ’80s cartoon? The classic cartoon versions of Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael, and Michelangelo bring their turtle power to this corset by 1138Clothing. It won’t empty your wallet quite as much as some of the other options at $115, and it’s made to order with plastic boning.
3) Star Trek Print Corsets
You can stun without a phaser in this Star Trek corset. Trek fans will enjoy Castle Corsetry’s two made-to-order “Final Frontier” options. The photo print and comic print corsets feature images from The Original Series, making them a perfect choice if you’ll be celebrating the show’s 50th anniversary this year. Both have steel boning and start at $275.
A photo posted by Laura McCraw (@corsetchick) on
The Dark Knight gets a slight steampunk twist in this design by Silver Leaf Costumes. A hand-tooled leather Batman symbol makes the inspiration behind this corset clear, though anyone interested in wearing the matching belt while you fight crime will need to purchase it separately. The corset has steel boning and is on the pricer end of the spectrum at $300.
5) Pride and Prejudice and Zombies Lace-Up Corset
Those looking for an option that’s affordable and still offers the corset look might want to check out this Hot Topic item. The lace-up corset is part of the company’s Pride and Prejudice and Zombies collection released earlier this year. The themed print is perfect for those that want to show their love of zombies and classic literature! It has a hook and eye closure and is selling for $47.60.
No one will be able to take the sky from you while wearing this corset. Browncoats will love the Firefly print amid the gold and orange of this piece. It’s a combination that makes it subtly geeky and perfect for any occasion. Made by Venefica Clothing and Corsetry, it has steel boning and costs $145.
Feel like a Time Lord with this corset from Mad Girl Clothing by Pendragon Costumes. The Doctor Who print is actually just one choice available for this printed fabric sided corset. You can also customize it with a variety of leather colors, fabrics, and clasps, or choose your own geeky fabric to make this the corset of your dreams for $195.
Gamers might want to level up their fashion with this Super Mario Bros. corset. The corset shows Mario and other familiar imagery on all sides. Complete with plastic boning, it’s another option for those who don’t want to spend all the coins they’ve collected on a corset. This design by Agent 13 Cosplay is a value at $50.
Comic book fans who believe there’s never a bad time to add more Deadpool to their lives might want to consider this item. The red and black corset by Damsel in this Dress features the Deadpool symbol and will make you look stylish whether you’re breaking the fourth wall or eating chimichangas. It’s also not quite as expensive as other options at $79.
You can show off your Hogwarts house with pride in one of these corsets from ThinkGeek. Inspired by the Harry Potter films, these are another option for anyone who wants the corset look but can’t afford to spend too much money. It has plastic boning, a side zipper, and a removable mini-tie. You can choose from Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, and Slytherin designs and it’s only $34.99.
Lisa Granshaw reports on pop culture and geek fashion and is the founder of GeekFold. You can find her work on Syfy, Boing Boing, and Geek and Sundry.