- Spotify will soon let you block R. Kelly Monday 6:01 PM
- New Click to Pray app lets you pray with Pope Francis Monday 5:30 PM
- Social media influencer known for hiking in bikinis dead at 36 Monday 4:54 PM
- Trump posts altered pics on social media to make fingers look longer, report Monday 3:20 PM
- Twitch user banned after telling woman to ‘kill yourself’ during stream Monday 3:06 PM
- Facebook introduces ‘Community Actions’ tool to petition the government Monday 2:04 PM
- Sarah Sanders, NRA deliver truly misguided MLK tributes today Monday 12:58 PM
- MAGA teen who confronted Native elder says he ‘respects all races’ Monday 12:57 PM
- Popular YouTube channel in danger of disappearing because of copyright claims Monday 12:24 PM
- The Krassensteins’ Reddit AMA gets trolled off the internet Monday 12:08 PM
- No, Trump didn’t break open the Pizzagate scandal in 2011 Monday 11:23 AM
- Producer of anti-abortion film says Facebook refuses to run his ads Monday 10:58 AM
- Ja Rule thinks he was also a victim of Fyre Fest Monday 10:21 AM
- YouTube beef between RiceGum and H3H3 gets ugly—and personal Monday 10:02 AM
- ‘Fox & Friends’ accidentally airs obituary graphic for Ruth Bader Ginsburg Monday 9:40 AM
And you thought the rocket jumps were weird.
You don’t need me to tell you that Fortnite is kind of a big deal these days. Streamers of the popular battle royale game have been pulling off crazy maneuvers (like long-distance rocket jumps) for months now, and developer Epic Games seems to have no intention of letting them rest with the arrival of Port-a-Fort.
A portable fort… it's Port-a-Fort!
Fortify yourself in seconds, all with the flick of a wrist. Coming soon… pic.twitter.com/OsPQ2LkvkV
— Fortnite (@FortniteGame) April 10, 2018
The Port-a-Fort is a small grenade-like device that builds instead of destroys, resulting in a nice funnel-like fort structure that allows players an incredible cover advantage from on high. Of course, that’s the intended use. Players have had no shortage of ideas on how to manipulate the Port-a-Fort for more hilarious and epic results.
How to use a Port a Fort correctly Lolll pic.twitter.com/7jlPlUZ9lN
— FaZe SpaceLyon (@SpaceLyon) April 13, 2018
— dakotaz (@dakotaz) April 11, 2018
Offensive PORT A FORT?! lol pic.twitter.com/8oSvtJm5E7
— Ninja (@Ninja) April 14, 2018
BRUH PORT A FORT IS INSANE pic.twitter.com/btb8VtTmQa
— North Ownz #SoaRRC (@Ownz) April 11, 2018
Using a Port-A-Fort to negate fall damage from a skybase. #Fortnite
Credit : Reddit u/camnop02 pic.twitter.com/8JkxCGvDzM
— Fortnite Battle Royale – FortniteInsider.com (@Fortnite_BR) April 13, 2018
If any of these trick shots and towering traps have you curious if Fortnite is right for you, make sure to check out our guide to Fortnite on mobile.
Joseph Knoop is a gaming writer for Daily Dot, a native Chicagoan, and a slave to all things Overwatch. He co-founded the college geek culture outlet ByteBSU, then interned at Game Informer, and now writes for a bunch websites his parents have never heard of.