- Trump gets mocked for his new ‘No C or O’ catchphrase 1 Year Ago
- How to stream Srisaket Sor Rungvisai vs. Juan Francisco Estrada 1 Year Ago
- The recurring fat joke in ‘Avengers: Endgame’ sucks 1 Year Ago
- Jack Dorsey personally told Ilhan Omar he won’t take down Trump’s attack tweet Today 8:28 AM
- Taylor Swift drops single with Brendon Urie—and fans are losing it Today 8:09 AM
- How will Nebula, Luphomoid wildcard, affect ‘Avengers: Endgame?’ Today 7:30 AM
- You probably need to hear about this meme Today 7:00 AM
- 10 scary movies on Netflix you probably haven’t seen Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ includes a gay character—but it’s an awkward choice Today 6:43 AM
- ‘Outlander’ is finally coming to Netflix next month Today 6:30 AM
- What Obama-era regulations has Trump done away with? Today 6:30 AM
- What ‘Avengers: Endgame’ reveals about Marvel’s Disney+ shows Today 6:00 AM
- Review: Mortal Kombat 11 is bloody brilliant Today 5:00 AM
- Twitch streamer’s mom, roommate get into brawl during live broadcast Thursday 8:41 PM
- Top NFL draft pick Nick Bosa scrubs racist, homophobic social media activity Thursday 8:18 PM
If you’re looking to get your Fortnite fix this morning, you’re out of luck. Developer Epic Games took the popular shooter game offline late Wednesday night and servers are still struggling to come back up.
Epic Games announced the game was inaccessible due to emergency maintenance.
“Login is currently blocked across all Epic endpoints, including games, websites, and the Epic Games Launcher,” the company wrote on its status page. “This is due to a database failure which we are working to resolve as quickly as possible. In a measure towards resolution, matchmaking will be blocked for a short period. Thank you for your patience!”
The company posted updates on the status page through the night, but as of 9:30am, the company was “working on the database upgrade process, and remain in downtime.”
We're bringing the servers offline for emergency maintenance. We apologize for this inconvenience. We currently have no ETA on when servers will be back up. Stay updated with our status page here: https://t.co/3y0X6buriO
— Fortnite (@FortniteGame) April 12, 2018
It’s not clear when Fortnite will be back, but we’ll update this story when it is.
Update 11:57pm CT: Epic Games has released the following update. “Services should begin to recover over the next couple of hours. Due to issues with our account system, players on PS4 will be unable to login for an additional period of time. We’re sorry for the extended downtime. We’ll update you in an hour.”
Update 2:17pm CT: Fortnite should be back for all players. According to Epic Games, “Login and game service issues have been resolved and we’ve returned to a healthy state.”
Sarah Weber is the former editor of Daily Dot’s Parsec section, where she wrote about geek culture. She previously worked as a reporter and editor at community newspapers in the Midwest and was recognized by the Ohio Associated Press for news reporting.