- People are grossed out by cow insemination-themed pregnancy announcement 3 Years Ago
- Major protests in Lebanon triggered by plan to tax WhatsApp calls Today 1:38 PM
- Frank Ocean’s $60 HIV prevention drug-themed shirts called tone-deaf Today 12:49 PM
- ‘Joker’ stairs latest Instagram spot; locals joke about potential robberies Today 10:30 AM
- PewDiePie banned in China after reacting to Winnie the Pooh memes Today 8:46 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Eagles on Sunday Night Football Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream Chargers vs. Titans in Week 7 Today 6:00 AM
- 13 spooky romance games for adults Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 9 Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream Impact Wrestling’s Bound For Glory Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream Bills vs. Dolphins in Week 7 Today 4:30 AM
- How to stream Jaguars vs. Bengals in Week 7 Today 4:00 AM
- How to stream Texans vs. Colts in Week 7 Today 3:00 AM
- How to stream Manchester United vs. Liverpool Saturday 10:00 PM
- Man dragged for recording, posting video of neighbor being ‘killed’ instead of helping Saturday 4:14 PM
Grahame-Smith was originally set to direct The Flash, a film that he also wrote. The Hollywood Reporter reported that he’s instead left the project over “creative differences.” However, the Warner Bros. film will keep Grahame-Smith’s script nonetheless.
The Flash is slated to premiere March 16, 2018, leaving THR to speculate that the studio has “plenty of time” to find another director.
Perhaps best known as the author of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, Grahame-Smith first became involved in film following the novel’s film adaptation. He served as the executive producer of Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, a film based off yet another one of his books.
Grahame-Smith had previously been attached to the film for nearly seven months, though the announcement of his directorial involvement was met with tepid enthusiasm. It seems that his departure may have been predictable for some Flash fans, who were eager to bash the newbie director on Twitter.
the more I think about THE FLASH movie the less likely I’m going to see it.. sorry WB you lost me with Seth…
— Christopher Marc (@_ChristopherM) April 23, 2016
So WB picked Seth Graham-Smith to write/direct The Flash movie? I like him as a writer but I’m not 100% convinced he should direct.
— Action Paxton (@paxtonholley) October 5, 2015
Seth Grahame Smith is directing The Flash movie?!?! Its like picking your vacation”Should I go to Syria or Hawaii? I think Syria.” WTF WB?!
— The Mighty Cthulhu (@CthulhuHasCome) October 8, 2015
Losing Seth Graham-Smith for WB’s Flash movie arguably for the best when his credits include Dark Shadows, Abe Lincoln Vampire Hunter & PPZ
— Connor Dalton (@connordidatweet) April 30, 2016
lmao literally the other day i was like “uh idk about this director for the flash movie”
— mara (@TASKF0RCEX) April 29, 2016
The flash movie should be a “Fun” movie. But it does need to have some seriousness as well. That director I doubt could do that.
— The Night (@TheRisenKnight) April 29, 2016
I’m worried for 2018’s Flash movie. Many people will hate Erza Miller for replacing Grant Gustin. The director isn’t experienced too…
— DOOMSDAY FAN CLUB (@DCEUNews) April 28, 2016
Thankfully, Warner Bros. appears to have no love lost over the departure: Grahame-Smith will reportedly remain involved in the forthcoming Lego Batman Movie and Beetlejuice 2—two projects that appear to be more Grahame-Smith’s speed.
Samantha Grasso is a former IRL staff writer for the Daily Dot with a reporting emphasis on immigration. Her work has appeared on Los Angeles Magazine, Death And Taxes, Revelist, Texts From Last Night, Austin Monthly, and she has previously contributed to Texas Monthly.