- Here’s why Elon Musk is a sheep on Twitter 2 Years Ago
- Trump is already running Facebook ads on the Mueller report 2 Years Ago
- 7 of the best psychological thriller movies on Shudder Today 11:44 AM
- Seth Abramson’s epic Mueller thread finally comes to a conclusion Today 11:40 AM
- Netflix is testing out a random play feature Today 11:28 AM
- Teen star Danielle Cohn faked pregnancy for YouTube prank Today 10:55 AM
- How to watch ‘A Discovery of Witches’ for free Today 10:42 AM
- Rev up your own family rivalries with these ‘Game of Thrones’ board games Today 10:29 AM
- Mueller’s ‘harm to ongoing matter’ is the best way to stay silent about your life Today 10:21 AM
- 10 Korean skincare brands that are worth your money Today 10:00 AM
- 20 unique Mother’s Day gifts for the cool moms Today 9:45 AM
- Ancestry.com ad tries to sell slavery as romance—not rape Today 9:44 AM
- The 9 best Satanic movies on Shudder Today 9:22 AM
- Twitch streamer banned after accidentally revealing racist chats Today 9:21 AM
- This video captures 15 years of meme trends in 10 minutes Today 8:57 AM
We all choose you, gigantic Pikachu.
Little kids are pretty fickle with their obsessions, totally engrossed with Finding Nemo one day before moving on to Paw Patrol the next.
But not Dwayne Johnson’s daughter. Jasmine’s love affair with Pikachu has been going strong for months now, and we suspect it has something to do with her dad’s willingness to parade around their house as a six-and-a-half-foot-tall Pokémon. Johnson first donned the Pikachu suit back on Halloween, when he dazzled little Jasmine with his dad-style dance moves.
Now the gigantic yellow critter is back, subbing for the Easter bunny on Sunday. Jasmine, who has now graduated from crawling to running, is clearly having a blast (and so is the family dog, Hobbs, who seems to think Pikachu is a giant chew toy).
The first time Jasmine's favorite character, Pikachu came to visit her months ago she was only crawling. For Easter Sunday @laurenhashianofficial and I thought, Pikachu should make a special visit once again. Well, Pikachu didn't account for the fact that now Jazzy RUNS and for 2hrs straight she wants to play her new favorite game, "I run away and you chase me Pikachu. And you're not allowed to take a break until I go night night". At the end of the vid you can hear her yell, "Peekyu" because she can't say, Pikachu. I'm tired, today's my only day off, it's 118 degrees in this costume and Hobbs keep trying to p*ss on my leg. And I luv every minute of it. Bring it on. It's what daddy's do. Happy Easter to you guys and enjoy your families. #Rockachu #DaddyPuttinInWork #TheGameThatNeverEnds #PikachuLooksBloated
A post shared by therock (@therock) on
We hope Pokémon remains a life-long passion for Jasmine, because seeing The Rock in this Pikachu costume just never gets old.
Sarah Weber is the former editor of Daily Dot’s Parsec section, where she wrote about geek culture. She previously worked as a reporter and editor at community newspapers in the Midwest and was recognized by the Ohio Associated Press for news reporting.