- What is the TikTok drink and can you still get it? Thursday 9:27 PM
- “Party, Party, Party” TikTok meme grapples with party culture Thursday 8:43 PM
- Baby Yoda was just added to Sims 4 Thursday 7:54 PM
- Religious conservatives petition Netflix to pull ‘gay Jesus’ Christmas comedy Thursday 7:19 PM
- Kylie Jenner criticized for yet another expensive car post Thursday 5:57 PM
- Apex Legends became a major Pornhub search in 2019 Thursday 5:15 PM
- CBS accidentally interviewed InfoWars host as regular Trump supporter Thursday 4:31 PM
- TLC accused of fatphobia, fetishization with show about ‘mixed-weight’ couples Thursday 3:41 PM
- Betting odds show KSI could fight FaZe Sensei, Jake Paul, or Justin Bieber next Thursday 3:20 PM
- Nick Cannon releases another thirsty Eminem diss track Thursday 2:59 PM
- Dogs at polling stations are helping bark out the vote in the U.K. Thursday 1:00 PM
- Streamers dominated Pornhub searches in 2019 Thursday 12:59 PM
- Pro and anti-boot factions emerge in wake of ‘Wonder Woman 1984’ trailer Thursday 12:31 PM
- The ‘Rise of Skywalker’ press tour has turned into a rehash of ‘The Last Jedi’ Thursday 12:18 PM
- What’s in a TikTok username? Thursday 12:00 PM
The Doctor Who Christmas special briefly introduced us to a brand new Doctor, and as much as it looks toward the future, there’s still one final farewell for the show’s most iconic set piece.
Sometimes—though not always—a newly regenerated Doctor will redecorate their TARDIS, so there’s a high possibility we’ll see an new TARDIS once the Thirteenth Doctor reunites with her ship. But first, the tireless BBC cew must take the old set down—whether it’s to make way for a new interior, mark the end of shooting, or both.
In the TARDIS’s case, a new behind-the-scenes video demonstrates just how much bigger everything is on the outside. A combination of manual labor from the crew and powerful machines are used to take the TARDIS apart piece by piece. It’s not quite time travel, but fast forward and it’s almost as if it was never there.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.