- Furries stop domestic assault in viral video Wednesday 6:10 PM
- Gritty under police investigation for allegedly punching a teen fan Wednesday 6:04 PM
- Twitter users throw animal parties with emoji in new meme Wednesday 5:21 PM
- Woman who went viral supporting Soleimani killing exposed as Libyan militia lobbyist Wednesday 5:01 PM
- Jeff Bezos subtweets Saudi prince following phone hack report Wednesday 3:29 PM
- ‘Yeah, good. OK’ Bernie Sanders meme is a new way to dismiss people Wednesday 3:10 PM
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ recap: Petty displays of affection Wednesday 2:12 PM
- Makeup artist transforms into Timothée Chalamet on TikTok Wednesday 1:54 PM
- Iguanas are falling from trees—and people are selling them online for food Wednesday 1:02 PM
- 75,000 sign petition to fire Wendy Williams after ‘cleft lip’ comment about Joaquin Phoenix Wednesday 12:30 PM
- Kim Kardashian says Kylie Jenner’s setting spray is ‘cheap sh*t’ Wednesday 11:59 AM
- Trump continues to demand Apple unlock iPhones for the government Wednesday 11:46 AM
- Police officer suspended after video of a handcuffed Delonte West surfaces Wednesday 11:33 AM
- ‘Girls don’t want a boyfriend’ meme leaves boyfriends in 2019 Wednesday 11:21 AM
- Are these tweets about ‘The Bachelor’ or Trump’s impeachment? Wednesday 10:45 AM
BBC series Doctor Who announced Jodie Whittaker would become series’ 13th Doctor in July, and the internet has been abuzz ever since. Some fans are thrilled at the announcement of the series’ first ever female Doctor, and others have expressed disappointment that the show decided to deviate from tradition.
The newest Doctor is set to hit screens next year, but BBC’s reveal teaser has already inspired several cosplays. The detailed look at Wittaker’s costume has given fans quite a bit to work with, and many have already sported the newest Doctor’s look at conventions.
Whittaker’s reaction to fans both male and female rocking her character’s costume is absolutely delightful.
Casting a woman in the iconic role has already inspired many people, and once she officially hits screens next year, the new Doctor is sure to inspire many more. So far 2017 has been a great year for inspirational female role models, but 2018 might be even better.
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.