- ‘Shrill’ season 2 expands its world and point of view 4 Years Ago
- Trans/Sex: Let trans art be messy, weird, and uncomfortable Today 6:00 AM
- Pediatrician gets death threats after pro-vaccine TikTok video Monday 9:37 PM
- This Australia-themed dildo is raising money to fight the bushfires Monday 8:26 PM
- Influencers say they’ve received unwanted sexual solicitations worth thousands Monday 7:39 PM
- Pregnant woman masterfully trolls gender-obsessed relative Monday 3:05 PM
- HBO’s ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’ returns from a 2-year break with brand new ways to make you cringe Monday 3:00 PM
- Far-right accused of impersonating antifa online to encourage violence at Richmond rally Monday 1:59 PM
- Second Amendment protesters defend gun rights with truly terrible signs Monday 12:52 PM
- David Lynch surprises fans by dropping Netflix short out of the blue Monday 12:29 PM
- Poop-focused parody of Kent State Gun Girl sparks conservative ire Monday 11:58 AM
- 6-year-old raises $250K for Australian bushfires by making clay koalas Monday 11:31 AM
- What you need to know about Clearview AI and its facial recognition app Monday 10:36 AM
- Apple TV+ gets its first SAG Award while Netflix and Amazon nab 2 each Monday 10:07 AM
- Facebook apologizes for translating Chinese president’s name to ‘Mr. Sh*thole’ Monday 9:45 AM
The new game delves into the gritty, post-apocalyptic world of 2029, where people are mechanically augmented as a matter of course. After the Aug Incident, which took control of augmented citizens’ minds and drove them insane, the tables have turned against transhumanism—and those with cybernetic fittings have become pariahs.
This entry in the Deus Ex series is the second prequel to the original game, following Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Protagonist Adam Jensen has brand new augmentations at his disposal, which ought to make murdering infidels fresh and exciting. In a new post on the PlayStation Blog, Eidos-Montreal Community Manager Sacha Ramtohul also promises side quests with moral consequences, customizable weapons on the fly, and visits to remarkable locales like Dubai and Prague.
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided debuts Aug. 23 on PS4, and you can preorder it right now without having to unlock a single tier of anything. Amen!
Colette Bennett is a writer/editor who specializes in web culture, skincare, and all things geek. Her work has appeared on CNN, HLN, Engadget, Kotaku, Colourlovers, and Continue Magazine. She also writes horror and sci-fi fiction for Corona Books and is at work on her second novel.