- ‘Star Trek’s Jonathan Frakes calls out your lies with this new meme Today 3:46 PM
- #JusticeForLucca trends after video shows police slam Black teen’s head into pavement Today 3:11 PM
- The internet is shocked to learn that Goombas do, in fact, have arms Today 2:02 PM
- PayPal, GoFundMe cut off armed militia that detains migrants at border Today 1:16 PM
- Barnwood theft may be on the rise because of ‘Fixer Upper’—and fans aren’t having it Today 12:23 PM
- Literary Twitter calls out Dzanc Books for Islamophobic, racist novel Today 11:40 AM
- How to watch Crawford vs. Khan online Today 10:00 AM
- Beyoncé has 2 more projects coming to Netflix after ‘Homecoming’ Today 9:53 AM
- How to watch Danny Garcia vs. Adrian Granados for free Today 9:00 AM
- The ‘Feeling Cute Challenge’ turns ugly after correctional officers abuse it Today 7:30 AM
- How to watch ‘How High 2’ for free Today 7:00 AM
- Swipe This! My ex-BFF keeps sliding into my DMs, but I don’t want to be friends Today 6:30 AM
- Watch ‘I Am Somebody’s Child: The Regina Louise Story’ for free Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch Barcelona vs. Real Sociedad for free Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 149 for free Today 5:30 AM
Who better to direct DC’s female supervillain movie than David Ayer?
Robbie spearheaded the project herself, with Geneva Robertson-Dworet (Sherlock Holmes 3) working on the script. If the movie follows its comic book inspiration, it will star Harley Quinn, Catwoman, and Poison Ivy, three of DC’s most popular female supervillains.
Who better to direct a female-led superhero movie than David Ayer, the man who put Margot Robbie in booty shorts while her male coworkers wore body armor, and told Cara Delevingne to prepare for her role by walking naked through a forest?
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested.