- Twitter lifts ‘permanent’ suspension of activist Barrett Brown Monday 5:52 PM
- Billie Eilish fans fend off objectifying comments on tank top photo Monday 5:32 PM
- Groom’s mother sabotages wedding by tricking guests into wearing jorts and hoodies Monday 4:39 PM
- No one believes Bill de Blasio’s son sent him these debate prep texts Monday 3:26 PM
- Meek Mill, Jay-Z to release ‘Free Meek’ documentary on Amazon Prime Monday 3:20 PM
- 3 ways to secure your Nest cameras Monday 3:15 PM
- This Pokémon generator site is creating hilarious monsters Monday 2:48 PM
- MrBeast impersonator tricks kid into destroying his XBox Monday 12:50 PM
- This mom has the perfect nickname for her nonbinary kid Monday 12:25 PM
- Netflix tests pop-out player that will allow viewers to multitask Monday 11:44 AM
- Man allowed to sue media publishers over readers’ Facebook comments Monday 11:42 AM
- Republicans slammed for joke about ‘heavily armed militia’ at Oregon statehouse Monday 11:30 AM
- New bill wants tech companies to tell you how much your data is worth Monday 10:53 AM
- AOC has the best response to Steve King’s ‘concentration camp’ criticism Monday 10:19 AM
- Did Jake Paul and Tana Mongeau just get engaged? Monday 9:26 AM
We should have seen this coming.
Now, a Chattanooga aquarium has made the connection official, after their Facebook invitation to name seven otters resulted in an overwhelming popular vote for Benedict.
World, meet Benny.
We can definitely see the resemblance.
Gif via berrygilmour
We can’t blame him for that last part. Even better: The name of his new habitat? River Otter Falls.
Gif via martincrieff
“Always first in line at feeding time,” the aquarium’s report notes, “he often vocalizes around food.”
Yep, sounds like Benny to us.
Screengrab via the-fires-of-pompeii
The aquarium, which frequently shows up in rankings of America’s best, freely owns the origins of the otter’s name. An aquarium spokesperson told the Radio Times last week, “Guests may want to take pictures of Benny to see if his handsome face matches the actor’s facial features.” Benny the otter is also described as having “the darkest coat” of all the otters—though no word on whether it comes with a matching blue scarf.
GIF via littlemmpiece
Visitors can see the otter frolicking along with his six companions, Delmar, Maya, Louie, Scout, Hunter, and Digger, at the aquarium’s new Cove Forest sanctuary. Check it out below.
Photo via Facebook
Aja Romano is a geek culture reporter and fandom expert. Their reporting at the Daily Dot covered everything from Harry Potter and anime to Tumblr and Gamergate. Romano joined Vox as a staff reporter in 2016.