- The actor who played Greedo is just as confused by ‘maclunkey’ as you are Friday 4:57 PM
- AirPods are getting that sweet, sweet Black Friday price drop Friday 4:24 PM
- Looking for a Nintendo Switch? Black Friday deals are here Friday 4:04 PM
- Facebook copies Instagram with experimental ‘Popular Photos’ feature Friday 3:58 PM
- This iPhone app says it will alert you if you’ve been hacked Friday 2:43 PM
- ‘Marvel’s Hero Project’ is the wholesome content 2019 needs Friday 2:40 PM
- Get more out of VSCO with VSCO search Friday 2:09 PM
- Twitter carves out ‘cause-based’ advocacy exemption in political ads ban Friday 2:06 PM
- Disney+ accounts are being hacked—here’s how to protect yourself Friday 1:52 PM
- Instagram is hiding likes globally and searching for a ‘well-being’ product researcher Friday 1:42 PM
- ‘The Mandalorian’ opens up its mythology even further in ‘Chapter 2’ Friday 12:54 PM
- Want to buy a drone on a budget? We’ve got you covered Friday 12:51 PM
- ‘Simpsons’ writer accuses Republicans of stealing Sideshow Bob’s defense Friday 12:49 PM
- Keanu Reeves’ appearance in ‘SpongeBob Movie’ trailer quickly becomes a meme Friday 12:35 PM
- Charli XCX makes the band in Netflix’s ‘Nasty Cherry’ Friday 12:33 PM
Star Wars: The Last Jedi has finally been released in theaters, and the most important fan has given the movie two paws up.
Beloved actress Carrie Fisher’s French bulldog Gary was her constant companion before her death in late 2016, and his frequent appearances with her made him something of a canine celebrity. He saw the movie last night with Fisher’s former assistant. According to a local ABC reporter, Gary’s ear perked up every time Fisher was on screen. He was even wearing an adorable Star Wars costume.
The late @carrieffisher's dog Gary just watched #TheLastJedi! He sat on Fisher's former assistant's lap during the film. She said his ears perked up every time she was on screen ❤️@starwars @ABC7 pic.twitter.com/2rCCGIi6Al— Veronica Miracle (@ABC7Veronica) December 15, 2017
At the premiere at the TLC Chinese Theatre, a moment of silence was given to honor Fisher who passed away shortly after the release of the last Star Wars movie, Rouge One.
Gary hopes that everyone will go out and see his mom’s movie.
When will you see mommy’s movie?— Gary the Dog (@Gary_TheDog) December 14, 2017
I get to see mommy again this weekend! Are you?— Gary the Dog (@Gary_TheDog) December 13, 2017
Gary isn’t the only dog with Star Wars fever. These other hounds are dressed up and ready to be one with the force.
The Last Jedi premiered Thursday night and has earned a 93 percent rating on Rotten Tomatoes and an 8.1 on IMBD.
Brianna Stone is a contributing reporter to the Daily Dot. Her work has been published by the Dallas Morning News, Austin American-Statesman, and USA Today.