- Elon Musk seriously just hosted PewDiePie’s meme review Friday 6:27 PM
- Netflix throws ‘Umbrella Academy’-themed wedding for fans Friday 4:54 PM
- Report: Facebook collects app data on users’ body weight, menstrual cycles Friday 3:38 PM
- Amy Klobuchar reportedly ate salad with a comb, and Twitter’s got questions Friday 2:47 PM
- Nobody likes Spotify’s new update Friday 2:34 PM
- Student assaulted on campus while tabling for right-wing group Friday 1:56 PM
- Kim Kardashian West sues fashion company for using her likeness to sell clothes Friday 1:12 PM
- The Oscar-nominated movies you’ll actually want to watch again Friday 12:56 PM
- Viral graphic shows the moment Apple became the top brand Friday 12:27 PM
- Jake Paul calls out KSI for a YouTube boxing match Friday 11:31 AM
- This elementary school made students play ‘runaway slave’ Friday 11:20 AM
- ‘Captain Marvel’ is already a box office hit Friday 11:06 AM
- This ‘buff bunny vs. small bunny’ meme is here for when you’re feeling inferior Friday 10:53 AM
- Ocasio-Cortez slams trolls who come at her with ‘weak’ memes Friday 10:52 AM
- YouTube just made it awfully easy to harass creators Friday 10:16 AM
‘The Last Jedi’ gets two paws up from this dog.
Star Wars: The Last Jedi has finally been released in theaters, and the most important fan has given the movie two paws up.
Beloved actress Carrie Fisher’s French bulldog Gary was her constant companion before her death in late 2016, and his frequent appearances with her made him something of a canine celebrity. He saw the movie last night with Fisher’s former assistant. According to a local ABC reporter, Gary’s ear perked up every time Fisher was on screen. He was even wearing an adorable Star Wars costume.
The late @carrieffisher's dog Gary just watched #TheLastJedi! He sat on Fisher's former assistant's lap during the film. She said his ears perked up every time she was on screen ❤️@starwars @ABC7 pic.twitter.com/2rCCGIi6Al
— Veronica Miracle (@ABC7Veronica) December 15, 2017
At the premiere at the TLC Chinese Theatre, a moment of silence was given to honor Fisher who passed away shortly after the release of the last Star Wars movie, Rouge One.
Gary hopes that everyone will go out and see his mom’s movie.
When will you see mommy’s movie?
— Gary the Dog (@Gary_TheDog) December 14, 2017
I get to see mommy again this weekend! Are you?
— Gary the Dog (@Gary_TheDog) December 13, 2017
Gary isn’t the only dog with Star Wars fever. These other hounds are dressed up and ready to be one with the force.
The Last Jedi premiered Thursday night and has earned a 93 percent rating on Rotten Tomatoes and an 8.1 on IMBD.
Brianna Stone is a reporter and digital producer. Her work has been published by the Austin American-Statesman, the Daily Dot, and USA Today.