- Here’s why ‘Furry and Proud’ is trending on Twitter 3 Years Ago
- Sacha Baron Cohen calls tech giants the ‘greatest propaganda machine in history’ 3 Years Ago
- ‘Resistance Reborn’ is a must-read before ‘The Rise of Skywalker’ Today 10:14 AM
- Stephen Miller should be fired, more than 100 lawmakers say Today 9:56 AM
- YouTube star Bretman Rock goes off on fans who wanted selfies during his dad’s funeral Today 9:14 AM
- The U.S. Army is reevaluating its use of TikTok after security concerns Today 8:45 AM
- Nurse’s TikTok video accused of being insensitive to patient trauma Today 8:16 AM
- The tweet showing a man talking to a woman in a club is gone but not forgotten Today 8:00 AM
- Netflix’s ‘The Knight Before Christmas’ is gosh-darned hopeful Today 7:30 AM
- Harley Quinn strikes out alone in DC Universe’s new R-rated cartoon Today 7:00 AM
- Elon Musk’s Cybertruck mocked after ball busts windows during demonstration Today 12:23 AM
- Pornhub has a bundle now, Disney+ style Thursday 11:27 PM
- Jacob Wohl’s dad is selling horny calendars of himself for the soldiers Thursday 11:10 PM
- Amanda Palmer dragged for ‘demanding’ coverage of her music Thursday 8:33 PM
- How to get free TikTok followers without downloading a virus Thursday 7:57 PM
The sights and sounds of the Harry Potter universe are within reach at Universal’s Wizarding World of Harry Potter. But now one of the magical world’s most beloved tastes is coming soon to a spoon near you.
Yuengling’s Ice Cream makers have released a butterbeer flavor to select shelves at supermarkets in the northeast. (You can find out precisely where on the Yuengling site, if and when its servers recover from this recent onslaught of attention.) Each pint will be a blend of buttercream and butterscotch flavors, with a scrumptious swirl of butterscotch ribboned throughout.
It’s a favorite treat for visitors to the Three Broomsticks in Hogsmeade, and Yuengling is far from the first to try to capture the magic in the muggle world: There’s reportedly an off-menu Starbucks Frappuccino that pulls off something similar, as well as a butterscotch soda marketed by Reed’s. But this is the first ice cream purported to be a butterbeer knockoff.
According to the Huffington Post, it’s not just a limited release, either; the flavor will be a permanent part of the company’s 20-flavor rotation. And don’t worry that your kids won’t be able to enjoy the flavor: Just because the brand shares a founder with the popular Pennsylvania brewery by the same name, Yuengling’s butterbeer ice cream will be 100 percent booze-free.
Just so long as the world steers clear of Bertie Bott’s Every Flavor Beans for other flavor inspirations, we welcome new Harry Potter crossovers in the culinary world.
H/T Huffington Post
Monica Riese now serves as the Daily Dot’s director of production, having previously been the publication’s entertainment editor and assistant managing editor. She is based in Austin, Texas, and formerly contributed to the Austin Chronicle, where her breaking news work was recognized by the Association of Alternative Newsweeklies.