- ‘Crip Camp’ shows how a radical summer camp was monumental to the disability rights movement 5 Years Ago
- How to live stream the 2020 Grammy Awards Today 7:00 AM
- Technology created deepfakes—does it have a way to stop them, too? Today 6:30 AM
- SESTA-FOSTA is ‘detrimental’ to sex workers’ safety, study confirms Today 6:00 AM
- Jeff Bezos’ girlfriend allegedly sent his nudes to her brother, who then leaked them Saturday 6:38 PM
- This Instagram account catches influencers in the wild Saturday 5:42 PM
- The best upcoming video games to look out for in February 2020 Saturday 5:23 PM
- TikTok teens use AirPods and Google Translate to secretly talk in class Saturday 4:32 PM
- Video shows corpses of coronavirus victims lying in China hospital Saturday 3:44 PM
- Kid meets Slipknot after drumming video goes viral Saturday 2:30 PM
- Channing Tatum responds to troll who tried to compare Jenna Dewan and Jessie J’s looks Saturday 1:46 PM
- Grindr pulls an ‘I don’t know her’ after Eminem suggests he uses the app Saturday 12:48 PM
- Here are the top 10 most popular Instagram models in 2020 Saturday 12:21 PM
- ‘The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina’ takes its characters on a fantasy adventure to Hell in season 3 Saturday 11:37 AM
- Woman no longer in sorority, school after racist MLK post Saturday 10:45 AM
Bill Gates taps into his inner Santa for the perfect geeky gift
Microsoft founder fulfills one user’s “pie in the sky wish.”
What would you do if you received a gift from Bill Gates? You’d probably be in shock like Reddit user calid7, who opened her gift from the Reddit Secret Santa gift exchange only to discover it was from the founder of Microsoft.
In addition to the helmet, Gates sent her a polio virus plushie and a coffee table book with photos of Africa.
“The most important part is, He also made a donation in my name to [email protected] a great program that provides vaccines for kids in poor countries which is SO amazing and i can’t even begin to describe how incredible it makes me feel knowing that he made this donation in my name!” she wrote. “I always donate what i can for charities, which is never much cause money is always extremely tight, it really makes me glow!”
While the horns on the helmet were apparently cracked when the gift arrived, calid7 seems confident she can fix them.
This isn’t the first time Gates has participated in the Secret Santa gift exchange. Last year a lucky user also received a gift from Gates.
Lisa Granshaw reports on pop culture and geek fashion and is the founder of GeekFold. You can find her work on Syfy, Boing Boing, and Geek and Sundry.