- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ visits an old friend in ‘Saints of Imperfection’ Thursday 8:30 PM
- Dudes swallow AirPods in YouTube challenge video no one asked for Thursday 8:22 PM
- New R. Kelly underage sex assault tape reportedly surfaces Thursday 7:05 PM
- Kanye hired Kenny G to play jazz amid a sea of roses for Valentine’s Day—and it’s a meme Thursday 5:59 PM
- Fox News reportedly nixed ad for documentary about 1939 Nazi rally Thursday 4:22 PM
- People are roasting this woman’s tips for avoiding a ‘manrepeller’ apartment Thursday 3:59 PM
- Conservatives split on Trump’s national emergency to fund border wall Thursday 3:42 PM
- ‘Shoplifters’ is a quiet, astounding look at the connections we share Thursday 12:06 PM
- NRA, Republicans team up to bash gun reform on Parkland anniversary Thursday 11:51 AM
- Parent fears Apex Legends will make their kid transgender Thursday 11:50 AM
- Netflix claims subscribers have the same 6 shows in common Thursday 11:46 AM
- New Yorkers rejoice over Amazon pulling out of HQ2 deal Thursday 11:45 AM
- Polarizing Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez cartoon blows up Twitter Thursday 11:30 AM
- Zoos celebrate Valentine’s Day with adorable pun-off Thursday 10:20 AM
- Turns out Discord is saving users’ deleted images Thursday 10:10 AM
‘Avatar’ fan makes amazing ‘Game of Thrones’-style credits sequence
Now this is impressive work.
YouTube user ryantheram719 created this incredible video zooming over a map of the Avatar world in the style of GoT’s iconic credits. Not only does it look very cool, but it’s a surprisingly useful map for keeping track of important locations in the show.
We love the way he chose to illustrate the walled city of Ba Sing Se, which may as well be the King’s Landing of the Avatar universe.
Screengrab via ryantheram719/YouTube
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested.