- What were these QAnon fans doing posing at Guantanamo Bay? 4 Years Ago
- How to watch the 2019 NBA Draft online for free 4 Years Ago
- Ta-Nehisi Coates dismantles Mitch McConnell’s anti-reparations argument Wednesday 7:52 PM
- Whoopi Goldberg stirs debate over her opinion regarding Bella Thorne’s nudes Wednesday 7:04 PM
- Joe Biden really, really hates raves Wednesday 6:02 PM
- RIP to the Twitter geotagging feature that no one actually used Wednesday 5:14 PM
- Facebook contractors reveal the horrors of moderating graphic content Wednesday 4:42 PM
- Prosecutor almost directly quoted Bible in trial against man who helped migrants Wednesday 4:05 PM
- TikTok’s time warp videos get it twisted Wednesday 4:03 PM
- Is a ‘Stranger Things’ and Fortnite crossover event going to happen? Wednesday 3:55 PM
- YouTube reportedly thinking about moving all kids content off the main site Wednesday 3:50 PM
- AOC calls out Democrats for tone-deaf Beyoncé tweet Wednesday 3:15 PM
- Democrat candidates come out as ‘wife guys’ Wednesday 2:45 PM
- Poll of best Batman actors fails to include Adam West, and fans are not happy Wednesday 2:25 PM
- ‘Pose’ producer Janet Mock lands historic Netflix deal Wednesday 1:54 PM
Watch a team of blacksmiths forge Aragorn’s ‘LOTR’ sword from scratch
Here’s how to forge a replica of Aragorn’s sword — if you’re an experienced blacksmith, anyway.
A team of expert blacksmiths and craftsmen joined forces to build a replica of Aragorn’s sword Narsil from Lord of the Rings. This blade was broken during an early battle with Sauron, when Isildur cut the One Ring from Sauron’s hand. The shards of Narsil were passed down through the generations until we first saw them during The Fellowship of the Ring, and Aragorn later had them reforged into his new sword Andúril.
This video shows just how much work goes into a complicated weapon like this, from the basic forging to detailing the runes on the blade and making sure the metal is strong enough to be battle-ready.
Previous hits from the Man at Arms team include Arya Stark’s sword Needle, Link’s Hylian shield from Legend of Zelda, and the scissor-blade from anime series Kill la Kill. As always, they’re a badass cosplayer’s dream.Screengrab via AWE me/YouTube
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor