- Mom calls cops on son who can’t get ready for school on time Tuesday 11:19 PM
- Tinder exec fired after involvement in lawsuit alleging sexual assault Tuesday 10:48 PM
- Woman matches on Tinder with LaCroix thief—and his victim Tuesday 7:38 PM
- U.K. police will have to disclose documents about WikiLeaks journalists Tuesday 6:37 PM
- Backpack Kid sues Fortnite developer over flossing emote Tuesday 5:38 PM
- Conservatives rage at Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s ‘week of self-care’ Tuesday 4:02 PM
- 2 inflatable snowmen fought in front of a combo KFC/Taco Bell Tuesday 2:47 PM
- How to watch the Boca Raton Bowl online for free Tuesday 2:43 PM
- DAZN KOs YouTube, Snapchat as (temporarily) the most downloaded app Tuesday 1:57 PM
- AT&T says it’s rolling out 5G service this week Tuesday 1:03 PM
- NY state senator tells woman staffer ‘Kill yourself!’ in a tweet Tuesday 12:54 PM
- This Lil Jon-Kool-Aid Man Christmas jam is as extra as you’d expect Tuesday 12:13 PM
- YouTube stars say unfair copyright claims are making their lives hell Tuesday 12:12 PM
- UPS deletes tweet about shredding letters to North Pole after huge backlash Tuesday 11:21 AM
- Viral petition leads to revised Holland Tunnel Christmas decor Tuesday 11:10 AM
Watch a team of blacksmiths forge Aragorn’s ‘LOTR’ sword from scratch
Here’s how to forge a replica of Aragorn’s sword — if you’re an experienced blacksmith, anyway.
A team of expert blacksmiths and craftsmen joined forces to build a replica of Aragorn’s sword Narsil from Lord of the Rings. This blade was broken during an early battle with Sauron, when Isildur cut the One Ring from Sauron’s hand. The shards of Narsil were passed down through the generations until we first saw them during The Fellowship of the Ring, and Aragorn later had them reforged into his new sword Andúril.
This video shows just how much work goes into a complicated weapon like this, from the basic forging to detailing the runes on the blade and making sure the metal is strong enough to be battle-ready.
Previous hits from the Man at Arms team include Arya Stark’s sword Needle, Link’s Hylian shield from Legend of Zelda, and the scissor-blade from anime series Kill la Kill. As always, they’re a badass cosplayer’s dream.Screengrab via AWE me/YouTube
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested.