- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ unmasks the time-traveling Red Angel Thursday 8:30 PM
- Everyone is making memes of Meghan McCain saying ‘my father’ on loop Thursday 8:11 PM
- Irony of Georgia’s sperm-reporting bill flies by anti-abortion advocates Thursday 7:11 PM
- Sex scandals are consuming the K-pop industry Thursday 5:44 PM
- Trump supporters are abandoning Fox News over network’s latest hire Thursday 5:20 PM
- QAnon is attacking a random woman in a disturbing and dangerous way Thursday 4:59 PM
- Google celebrates Bach with AI-powered, music-making doodle Thursday 4:53 PM
- RIP: The best free trial in all of streaming entertainment Thursday 2:19 PM
- Which ‘Florida Man’ are you? Thursday 1:06 PM
- Hundreds of millions of Facebook passwords were accessible to employees Thursday 12:55 PM
- ‘Bitch I’m Bella Thorne’ morphs into TikTok dyslexia meme Thursday 12:17 PM
- Marvel is auctioning props and costumes from Netflix’s ‘Defenders’ franchise Thursday 12:12 PM
- Net neutrality advocates plan online watch party for the ‘Save the Internet’ Act Thursday 12:01 PM
- Tim Cook turns his iPad meme into an AirPod meme Thursday 11:46 AM
- Auschwitz Memorial asks visitors to stop taking playful photos at Holocaust site Thursday 11:33 AM
Watch Harrison Ford crash Alden Ehrenreich’s ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’ interview
It’s not often that someone surprises Han Solo, but if anyone could do it, it’s… well… Han himself.
Alden Ehrenreich, who plays a younger version of the galaxy’s most famous smuggler in Solo: A Star Wars Story, discovered that firsthand over the weekend after Harrison Ford—the original Han Solo—gate-crashed Ehrenreich’s interview with Entertainment Tonight. As he recalled the main piece of advice that Ford gave him— “Tell them that I told you everything that you needed to know, and that you’re not allowed to tell anyone”—Ford walks up and tells him to get out of his chair.
Director Ron Howard and some of the crew look like they’re in on the on-screen meeting of Han Solo old and new, but Ehrenreich appears to be genuinely shocked to discover that one of his cinematic heroes is there before him. As Ehrenreich notes, he hasn’t seen Ford since the lunch they had prior to shooting Solo.
— Star Wars (@starwars) May 13, 2018
- The 10 best Star Wars Lego sets
- 11 dark facts about Darth Maul, the tragic Star Wars Sith Lord
- The fascinating history of the Star Wars movie logos
- The best order to watch the Star Wars movies
And Ford wasn’t there just to show a bit of support for the new movie. Having seen Solo, he has some high praise—in Ford’s quintessential manner—for Ehrenreich
“I just thought it was spectacular, and I thought he was so smart about what he did and how he did it,” Ford said. “I just couldn’t be happier.”
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.