- ‘Bowling alley strike screen’ memes are bizarre and wonderful 1 Year Ago
- TikTok star Mohit Mor shot and killed Today 12:00 PM
- Stephen A. Smith is baby Today 11:43 AM
- Tfue releases statement on FaZe Clan lawsuit, says his contract is ‘f*cked’ Today 11:34 AM
- People are using an app to out gropers on Japan’s subway Today 11:24 AM
- Trump misspelled ‘accomplishments’ on handwritten notes, photo shows Today 11:12 AM
- HUD proposal would allow homeless shelters to refuse trans people Today 10:44 AM
- Disney’s ‘Aladdin’ remake isn’t terrible Today 10:11 AM
- Police under investigation after running over 1-year-old child Today 9:16 AM
- Who is Jannah, the breakout star of ‘Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker’? Today 9:10 AM
- Trump revives his ‘dumb as a rock’ insult for Rex Tillerson Today 9:03 AM
- Forget Hot Jafar. All hail Fat Ursula Today 8:14 AM
- How to watch ‘The Affair’ for free Today 8:00 AM
- Olivia Wilde’s ‘Booksmart’ is a teen comedy that will actually age well Today 7:45 AM
- Conservative rising star Kyle Kashuv busted using the N-word a whole bunch Today 7:14 AM
Watch Harrison Ford crash Alden Ehrenreich’s ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’ interview
It’s not often that someone surprises Han Solo, but if anyone could do it, it’s… well… Han himself.
Alden Ehrenreich, who plays a younger version of the galaxy’s most famous smuggler in Solo: A Star Wars Story, discovered that firsthand over the weekend after Harrison Ford—the original Han Solo—gate-crashed Ehrenreich’s interview with Entertainment Tonight. As he recalled the main piece of advice that Ford gave him— “Tell them that I told you everything that you needed to know, and that you’re not allowed to tell anyone”—Ford walks up and tells him to get out of his chair.
Director Ron Howard and some of the crew look like they’re in on the on-screen meeting of Han Solo old and new, but Ehrenreich appears to be genuinely shocked to discover that one of his cinematic heroes is there before him. As Ehrenreich notes, he hasn’t seen Ford since the lunch they had prior to shooting Solo.
— Star Wars (@starwars) May 13, 2018
- The 10 best Star Wars Lego sets
- 11 dark facts about Darth Maul, the tragic Star Wars Sith Lord
- The fascinating history of the Star Wars movie logos
- The best order to watch the Star Wars movies
And Ford wasn’t there just to show a bit of support for the new movie. Having seen Solo, he has some high praise—in Ford’s quintessential manner—for Ehrenreich
“I just thought it was spectacular, and I thought he was so smart about what he did and how he did it,” Ford said. “I just couldn’t be happier.”
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.