- PewDiePie banned in China after reacting to Winnie the Pooh memes 6 Years Ago
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Eagles on Sunday Night Football Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream Chargers vs. Titans in Week 7 Today 6:00 AM
- 13 spooky romance games for adults Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 9 Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream Impact Wrestling’s Bound For Glory Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream Bills vs. Dolphins in Week 7 Today 4:30 AM
- How to stream Jaguars vs. Bengals in Week 7 Today 4:00 AM
- How to stream Texans vs. Colts in Week 7 Today 3:00 AM
- How to stream Manchester United vs. Liverpool Saturday 10:00 PM
- Man dragged for recording, posting video of neighbor being ‘killed’ instead of helping Saturday 4:14 PM
- How to stream Saints vs. Bears in Week 7 Saturday 3:25 PM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Ravens in Week 7 Saturday 3:25 PM
- Are TikTok teens throwing up gang signs in their videos? Saturday 2:45 PM
- Anti-impeachment protesters believe ‘deep state’ tried to sabotage rally Saturday 12:51 PM
Shanghai woman posts Instagram photos leading up to alleged suicide
One of jojotsai’s last Instagram photos show her feet dangling stories above the ground.
“I will haunt you day and night after I’m dead.”
That’s the last message jojostai1012 ever posted for her ex-boyfriend on Instagram. Shortly after that message, the young woman from Shanghai made a pile of some of her possesions and lit them on fire. Then, she opened her window and dangled her feet above a rooftop several stories below, which she photographed and posted to Instagram. What exactly happened next isn’t clear.
“In my life, I haven’t done any [seriously] bad things, so why subject me to this kind of torment?” jojotsai1012 wrote alongside an Instagram photo.
“Life has been so miserable these past few days. I want to forget all of this, to control my mood and not be crying painfully late at night every night, but I can’t do it, there’s nothing I can do. All of this is too unfair to me, I can’t bear it.” (Translation via China Smack)
The only evidence of jojotsai1012’s alleged suicide is a grainy photo of what appears to be of a woman’s body floating upside down in a pool of water. The shape of the roof on which she’s found bears some resemblance to the one seen beneath her dangling feet in the photo above. On Chinese forum Mop, where the photo was first shared, one person came forward and claimed to be jojotsai2012’s neighbor:
“This is real, we live in the same building, she died Saturday morning. No matter what, how much courage must it have taken for a little girl to kill herself? Hope she will find peace in the afterlife.”
A reverse photo search finds no duplicate images. But without the woman’s name or reports in the Shanghai media about a similar event, there’s no way to truly know what happened to jojotsai1012.
Update: Due to the sensitive nature of this story, the Instagram photos originally published have been removed.
Photos via jojosai1012/Instagram | H/T Chinasmack
Fernando Alfonso III served as an early Reddit and 4chan reporter and the Daily Dot’s first art director until 2016. He’s gone on to report at Lexington’s Herald-Leader and at the Houston Chronicle.