- Former developer at software company deletes his code to protest its ties to ICE Saturday 4:21 PM
- A mysterious website is doxing Hong Kong protesters and journalists Saturday 1:44 PM
- The best ‘Skyrim’ followers and how to get them Saturday 1:26 PM
- Why Joel Osteen gets cyberbullied every time Houston floods Saturday 12:40 PM
- How to stream Jets vs. Patriots in Week 3 Saturday 12:39 PM
- 10 indie dating simulator games you should be playing Saturday 12:31 PM
- How to stream Packers vs. Broncos in Week 3 Saturday 12:14 PM
- Saudi crown prince’s former adviser suspended from Twitter Saturday 11:57 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Dolphins in Week 3 Saturday 11:57 AM
- YouTuber to pay restitution after a teen fan died copying her video Saturday 10:36 AM
- Antonio Brown sent ‘intimidating’ texts to an accuser, including a pic of her children Saturday 9:38 AM
- Facebook suspended tens of thousands of apps after Cambridge Analytica scandal Saturday 8:24 AM
- How to stream Browns vs. Rams on Sunday Night Football Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to watch ‘NFL Primetime’ on ESPN+ Saturday 5:00 AM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Chelsea Friday 6:45 PM
Here’s how Richard Sherman tackled a reporter’s odd question about strippers
Towards the end of Super Bowl’s Media Day, a reporter asked Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman something bizarre.
Toward the end of Super Bowl’s Media Day, a reporter asked Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman something bizarre.
Everyone has been paying attention to Sherman after his candid interview with FOX Sports’ Erin Andrews went viral, so it was no surprise that he was one of the more popular players at the press conference. But one reporter skipped the football talk to ask him about how we should keep women from becoming strippers.
He answered honestly.
Sherman, who was both praised and criticized for his interview and follow-up Sports Illustrated editorial, managed to handle the question like a pro—or at least as much as he could with the question at hand.
“Well, I’ve never gone into a strip club and thrown money, so I couldn’t tell you,” he answered.
“I guess trying to understand that there are other avenues, there are other ways you can make money, that women can do anything they want in this world. You can go out there and be a CEO of a company. Like I said before, the same can be said for kids in the inner city—the ceiling is limitless and don’t limit yourself to those possibilities and those circumstances.”
The day was full of other odd inquiries from reporters. We now know that Sherman has a crush on Beyoncé just like the rest of us. At least he was spared from the worst question of the day. That honor was reserved for a player on the Denver Broncos.
Some guy at media day just asked Shaun Phillips if he considers this a must-win game. Check, please.
— Sam Farmer (@LATimesfarmer) January 28, 2014
Photo via TheScienceHD/YouTube
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.