- Influencer body-shames model, Photoshops photo of self to ‘prove point’ Tuesday 7:27 PM
- Boosie Badazz goes on transphobic rant about Dwyane Wade’s daughter Tuesday 6:34 PM
- Royal Family’s website accidentally links to porn instead of charity Tuesday 5:39 PM
- Republican senator spreads false conspiracy about coronavirus Tuesday 5:11 PM
- New DNA technology could help exonerate Black man serving life sentence Tuesday 4:24 PM
- ‘SNL’s’ Kenan Thompson to host the White House Correspondents’ Dinner Tuesday 3:58 PM
- Singer Summer Walker dragged for insensitive HIV comments Tuesday 2:39 PM
- This video of a teddy bear getting steam cleaned makes a perfect meme Tuesday 2:27 PM
- Ted Cruz goes on Twitter tirade over proposed vasectomy bill Tuesday 2:22 PM
- Billie Eilish says she’s stopped reading Instagram comments Tuesday 2:13 PM
- Christian group blames satanists for Twitter poll results Tuesday 1:41 PM
- Coronavirus has pandemic-themed video games topping charts Tuesday 12:58 PM
- Bloomberg said kids are drawn to socialism because they think it involves social media Tuesday 12:55 PM
- Jake Paul gives ill-informed advice on how to deal with anxiety Tuesday 12:25 PM
- ‘Save Yourselves!’ is a charming and humorous take on the alien invasion movie Tuesday 11:53 AM
President Donald Trump on Sunday retweeted a Twitter bot that changes his tweets to include the word “shark” amid a frenzy of retweets about a segment on Fox News.
The president seemed to be quite interested in an argument that conservative radio host Mark Levin had with Ed Henry of Fox News. It’s about the phone call Trump had with Ukranian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy that is at the heart of calls for impeachment.
Within the nearly 20 retweets about the segment, Trump retweeted a bot called “Trump But About Sharks,” which places the word “shark” into tweets from the president. The bot had reworked an earlier tweet that Trump had retweeted, replacing “fake news” with “Pro Shark Media.”
“RT @BulldawgDerek: @foxandfriends A Sunday Morning; Amen Mark Levin, Preach Brother! You shut down Ed Henry and the Pro Shark Media with the fac…” the bot tweeted.
The bot plays off of Trump’s reported hatred of sharks.
Last year the president’s apparent dislike of sharks came out during a transcript of an interview InTouch Weekly had with Stormy Daniels, the adult film actress who says she had an affair with the now-president.
In the interview, Daniels said Trump was “terrified of sharks” and that he told her he hoped that “all the sharks die.” He’s also railed against sharks numerous times in the past on Twitter.
The president’s apparent mistake in retweeting something from the “Trump But About Sharks” account was noticed by many online.
The “Pro Shark Media”— Erick Fernandez (@ErickFernandez) September 29, 2019
Not only did he not click through, he couldn’t be bothered to read 200 characters. 😭😭😭 pic.twitter.com/TRfutGE348
The Pro Shark media is up to some shit pic.twitter.com/qARVHok3o9— pocemon (@pocemon111) September 29, 2019
Finally, a president who takes seriously the nefarious threat posed by the Pro Shark Media pic.twitter.com/WxWoCx5Fr8— Alex H. Kasprak (@alexkasprak) September 29, 2019
I disagree with a lot of what @realDonaldTrump says, but I think this is one issue every red-blooded American can agree on. The Pro Shark Media is taking a huge bite. Follow the krill. pic.twitter.com/kAv5lNXEUj— John Yostpille (@JohnYostpille) September 29, 2019
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).