- Twitch streamer’s mom, roommate get into brawl during live broadcast Thursday 8:41 PM
- Top NFL draft pick Nick Bosa scrubs racist, homophobic social media activity Thursday 8:18 PM
- Jared Kushner’s ‘comprehensive immigration plan’ is just 2 bullet points Thursday 8:16 PM
- ‘Lil Billie Xanish’ is the deepfake mashup of Billie Eilish and Lil Xan Thursday 5:10 PM
- Gossip account the Shade Room to launch 3 original series on Instagram Thursday 4:46 PM
- Biden says he asked Obama not to endorse him—but people aren’t buying it Thursday 3:17 PM
- Marvel makes more money than Harry Potter and Star Wars combined Thursday 3:13 PM
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’: Obituaries for the fallen heroes Thursday 2:51 PM
- T-Mobile, Verizon admit most Americans won’t see fast 5G Thursday 1:52 PM
- PlayStation Vue is offering a sweet streaming deal for a limited time Thursday 1:42 PM
- Twitter reportedly worried banning white nationalists would also flag some Republicans Thursday 1:31 PM
- Lawyer of cop in viral assault case calls the crime a ‘Facebook misdemeanor’ Thursday 12:33 PM
- Biden’s ‘all men’-focused announcement gets roasted Thursday 11:49 AM
- Skillshare is offering new users one month of premium for free Thursday 10:44 AM
- Report: Facebook is punishing Black people for talking about racism (updated) Thursday 10:15 AM
Everyone is creeped out by Trump Jr.’s bizarre holiday tribute to his dad
Gage Skidmore/Flickr (CC-BY-SA)
He also posted something similar on Twitter.
People across the United States celebrated Independence Day on Wednesday by barbecuing, shooting off fireworks, or heading to the beach. Donald Trump Jr., however, decided to mark the holiday by posting a bizarre picture of President Donald Trump as a revolutionary on Instagram.
The photo features the president dressed in clothing from the Revolutionary War, standing on a pile of smoldering ruins as he holds an eagle on his arm, and brandishes a giant machine gun behind the American flag.
The reason for posting such an odd image?
It was “amazing,” according to the Trump Jr.
“This is amazing. #fourthofjuly #4thofjuly #trump #maga 🇺🇸🦅🇺🇸🦅🇺🇸🦅🇺🇸” he wrote on Wednesday evening.
But Trump Jr. wasn’t done with the bizarre pro-Trump imagery on social media.
On Wednesday evening he also posted a GIF of the president standing on a tank emblazoned with his last name that was carrying a large American flag.
It’s unclear why exactly Trump Jr. decided to post fan art version of his father, however he has a long history of using his Twitter account to try and get the president’s attention through some obvious flattery.
In fact, his Instagram page has slowly devolved into memes you’d find on a conservative uncle’s social media channel mixed with photos of him posing with his children, hunting, or fishing.
Except the memes are about his dad.
Update 10:01am CT, July 5: Not to be outdone by his posts on the actual holiday, Trump Jr. posted another meme on Thursday.
The picture had his father’s likeness drawn like the “Salt Bae” meme, which Trump Jr. said was posted so he could sprinkle “a bit of freedom for us all to enjoy the #independenceday weekend.”
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).