- ‘Stranger Things’ season 3 trailer teases a wet, hot American summer 1 Year Ago
- What Daenerys’ biggest ‘Game of Thrones’ scenes have in common with Nazi propaganda Today 3:12 PM
- Here’s what’s coming to Amazon Prime in June Today 2:11 PM
- Where did Jon Snow go? Unpacking the ‘Game of Thrones’ ending Today 2:04 PM
- So, did anyone actually win ‘Game of Thrones’? Today 1:29 PM
- The surprising religious subtext of ‘John Wick: Chapter 3’ Today 12:53 PM
- Robin Arryn got hot—and the internet is seriously shook Today 12:40 PM
- Tana Mongeau is going to VidCon a year after TanaCon disaster Today 12:12 PM
- What have 2020 Democrats said about Alabama’s abortion ban? Today 11:36 AM
- People keep throwing milkshakes at the U.K.’s far-right politicians Today 11:10 AM
- James Charles is rebounding from his YouTube scandal—and his mentor is paying the price Today 10:42 AM
- Conservatives accuse Pete Buttigieg of wanting to tear down Jefferson Memorial Today 10:28 AM
- Graduating Moorehouse students thank billionaire for vowing to pay off $40m in student debt Today 10:22 AM
- ‘Westworld’ season 3 trailer gives us a new world, Aaron Paul Today 10:17 AM
- Twitch streamer says she’s receiving backlash for ‘getting men banned’ Today 9:27 AM
Gage Skidmore/Flickr (CC-BY-SA)
He claims in one tweet that he has a ‘bacon fetish.’
A former model shared screenshots from Donald Trump Jr. on Thursday night showing a strange bacon-fueled message from the businessman–but a quick scan of his Twitter shows that his “bacon fetish” and love for the meat has been brought up a lot.
Melissa Stetten posted several screenshots of a conversation she and Trump Jr. had in light of the news that he is getting divorced from his wife, Vanessa Trump. Stetten claims the son of now-President Donald Trump slid into her DMs “a month after his wife gave birth.”
The screenshot shows Trump Jr. telling Stetten he was “getting shit” for his “bacon comment” before saying he was glad he did not send a tweet asking for “pics from ur bathroom tweet last night ;).”
Surprised his marriage didn’t work out since he was sending me DMs a month after his wife gave birth. (I tweeted a joke about pulling a muscle changing a tampon and he replied asking if I smelled bacon? Cool joke) pic.twitter.com/JbuwC1wghf
— Melissa Stetten (@MelissaStetten) March 16, 2018
Stetten said she had deleted tweets during their exchange, but Trump Jr.’s are still up and they’re pretty bizarre.
In fact, it appears that their conversation was part of a bacon-tweet spree the eldest son of the president went on on Nov. 20, 2011.
Stetten said the “bacon comment” Trump Jr. made was in reference to her period, but it is just one of several bacon-related tweets he sent the same day of his alleged DM to Stetten.
In one, he asked: “why don’t women come up w bacon perfume?”
But shortly before that, Trump Jr. decided to ask an open question about people’s bacon-linked sexual preferences.
But the bacon-obsessed tweets don’t stop with his conversation with Stetten.
A quick search for “bacon” among Trump Jr.’s tweets shows that he’s spent a lot of time talking about the meat–including one where he references his wife not wanting to eat it.
“Thought I was having dinner w @MrsVanessaTrump till i saw her remove bacon from a sandwich. Who are u & what have u done w my wife?” Trump Jr. tweeted on Nov. 11, 2013.
Clearly he loves bacon. There are a number of other bacon tweets including: him saying he’d only go on a “veggie cleanse” if “bacon miraculously became a veggie,” him complimenting “bacon bread” that was served at a Trump property in Chicago, and not being on board with “organic nitrate-free turkey bacon.”
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).