- Man allegedly kills girlfriend, then pretends to be her on Facebook Sunday 4:29 PM
- Trevor Lawrence met TikTok teen who looks just like him Sunday 3:48 PM
- Trump’s hospital visit spawns conspiracy theories Sunday 2:49 PM
- ‘SNL’ skit combines Harry Styles, the Popeyes chicken sandwich, and Disney+ Sunday 2:02 PM
- Doctored photo of GOP congresswoman flipping the bird fools critics Sunday 1:05 PM
- Internet scammers taking advantage of Narwhal the ‘unicorn’ rescue puppy Sunday 12:19 PM
- Sunday Night Football: How to stream Bears vs. Rams live Sunday 12:00 PM
- CupcakKe’s month-long ‘water fast’ has fans concerned Sunday 11:24 AM
- Will.i.am claims ‘racist’ flight attendant called police on him Sunday 10:28 AM
- How does Disney+ compare to Netflix, Hulu, HBO Max, and Apple TV+? Sunday 9:35 AM
- How to stream Patriots vs. Eagles live Sunday 9:30 AM
- Girl turns herself into ‘pleading face’ emoji Sunday 9:27 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Lions live Sunday 9:00 AM
- Chaotic good, true neutral: The 2020 Democrat alignment chart Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to stream Mexico vs. Brazil live in the U-17 World Cup final Sunday 3:00 AM
A Missouri state representative beheaded a live chicken in a Facebook video explaining his latest anti-abortion bill.
In the video, which is extremely low quality, Missouri Republican Mike Moon cuts the head off of a chicken and cleans the guts out of the animal as he talks about God giving man “dominion over life.”
As he continues to pluck the feathers and heart out of the chicken, Moon says:
“I think we need to get to the heart of the matter here,” Moon says, holding the chicken heart. “So today, I’m filing a bill that will lead to the stopping of abortion in the state of Missouri and I hope you’ll support it.”
Moon’s bill, the “Missouri Right to Life Act” would codify that “personhood begins at conception and unborn children are people.”
The video received swift reactions from pro-choice groups and people who commented on Moon’s video—which was posted on his Facebook page.
“Mike Moon has gotten pretty cocky when it comes to introducing bills that have nothing to do with helping the people he represents and everything to do with pushing his extreme ideological agenda,” NARAL Pro-Choice America wrote in a statement.
People watching the bizarre video—which was posted on June 12—also didn’t see a connection between beheading a chicken and abortion.
“This is… a piss poor attempt at making a point. Huge differences between this and abortion. 10 minutes ago I thought that was pretty obvious…” one person wrote.
“You are a disgusting man,” another person wrote. “You have demonstrated that you have no regard for animals or women through your brutal video and persistent rants.”
One person seemed to think the video was indicative of something much bigger than a man promoting his anti-abortion bill.
“Is this a clear reflection of the intelligence level of American State representatives?” they wrote.
If you want to watch the video, you can see it here.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).