- 7-year-old YouTuber to get his own show on Nickelodeon Saturday 5:30 PM
- ‘Hipster’ jobs are trending, and Indeed says the market is booming Saturday 3:33 PM
- Trump meme removed after copyright complaint Saturday 2:15 PM
- Facebook pushes back against moderators complaining about ‘Big Brother’ environment Saturday 12:46 PM
- Twitter hid post from an account linked to Iran’s Supreme Leader Saturday 10:17 AM
- How to stream Leo Santa Cruz vs. Rafael Rivera for free Saturday 8:00 AM
- ‘Larry Charles’ Dangerous World of Comedy’ finds the balance between tragedy and comedy Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to stream Michael ‘Venom’ Page vs. Paul Daley for free Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to watch the NBA Dunk Contest 2019 online for free Saturday 6:50 AM
- The best new TV shows to stream this weekend Saturday 6:00 AM
- Bug lets Twitter save your DMs—even after you delete them Friday 7:21 PM
- Guy mansplains song to Japanese Breakfast, the female artist who wrote the song Friday 6:38 PM
- Ann Coulter’s Twitter bio links to a vulgar parody account Friday 5:22 PM
- Popular YouTube music channel gets income yanked for ‘repetitious’ content Friday 4:14 PM
- New website will endlessly generate fake faces thanks to AI Friday 3:41 PM
Some Trump supporters are calling for Waters to be arrested.
The call to her supporters comes after White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders was asked to leave the Red Hen restaurant in Virginia on Friday and protesters shouted “shame” at Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielson while she ate in a Mexican restaurant early last week.
“Let’s make sure we show up wherever we have to show up,” she said over the weekend. “If you see anybody from that cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd, and you push back on them, and you tell them they’re not welcome anymore, anywhere.”
The California representative, who has been critical of Trump in the past, also called for the president to be impeached, condemned Attorney General Jeff Sessions, and criticized his desire to build a wall along the southern border of the United States. Waters also hammered the administration for its policy of separating undocumented children from their families.
“History is not going to be kind to this administration, but we want history to record that we stood up, that we pushed back, that we fought, that we did not consider ourselves victims of this president,” she told a crowd. “History will record that while he tried to step on all of us, we kicked him in his rear and we stepped on him.”
Waters’ remarks were not taken well by supporters of Trump, who had already spent the weekend criticizing the owner of the Red Hen restaurant who asked Sanders to leave.
“It’s hateful and it’s rude, and it can lead to something very, very dangerous,” host Ainsley Earhardt said. “It could lead to violence because you have people–their blood is just boiling. If there is a confrontation, someone could get hurt in all of this if you’re asking for people to be harassed.”
However, others were more emotive in their response to Waters, with some people online calling for Waters to be arrested.
Maxine (James Brown Impersonator) Waters is mentally unstable and should have to undergo psychiatric evaluation. She should be called out for her GHETTO behavior by Speaker RYAN. HE'S AFRAID OF HER though. I don't blame him either. That goof is DANGEROUS. https://t.co/ZXakBJLQLm
— David A. Clarke, Jr. (@SheriffClarke) June 25, 2018
— Judy F (@Judy01234567) June 25, 2018
Every single rapid, foaming at the mouth leftist who confronts a Trump admin member with their demented, hysterical derangement is another vote for Republicans.
We should all be thanking Maxine Waters.
— Paul Joseph Watson (@PrisonPlanet) June 25, 2018
Did you know:
Maxine Waters doesn't even live in her congressional district
Maxine Waters lives in a 7 million dollar home
Maxine Waters employs her daughter for $100K year via her campaign
Maxine Waters district is one of the poorest in America
She is a fraud, and has a low IQ
— Charlie Kirk (@charliekirk11) June 24, 2018
Maxine Waters – GOP 2018 MVP https://t.co/8ogLLLyxp8
— Jack Posobiec❌ (@JackPosobiec) June 25, 2018
This is absolutely insane – and extremely dangerous. My father in law works in the administration, does this mean when we go out to dinner we should be ambushed?!? Don’t ever again give me any of the “when they go low, we go high” lip service. https://t.co/UF1feYT0Pm
— Meghan McCain (@MeghanMcCain) June 24, 2018
Trump was accused of inciting violence during the 2016 election for using similar rhetoric as Waters.
Update June 25, 2:30pm CT: The president responded to Waters’ comments on Twitter.
Congresswoman Maxine Waters, an extraordinarily low IQ person, has become, together with Nancy Pelosi, the Face of the Democrat Party. She has just called for harm to supporters, of which there are many, of the Make America Great Again movement. Be careful what you wish for Max!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 25, 2018
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).