- ‘Eat Them To Defeat Them’ is oddly about vegetables—not about eating the rich 5 Months Ago
- Marco Rubio mocked for filming talking while driving socialism critique 5 Months Ago
- QAnon believer asks Trump’s campaign press secretary who Q is 5 Months Ago
- Octavia Spencer has discovered ‘Ma’ memes—and she can’t get enough Today 2:09 PM
- Meet the anti-Greta Thunberg, a climate ‘skeptic’ funded by the oil industry Today 1:12 PM
- Harvey Weinstein convicted of rape and sexual assault Today 12:56 PM
- Senator calls Facebook’s current election disinformation efforts ‘inadequate’ in letter Today 12:11 PM
- The Phillie Phanatic mascot unveils a slimmer makeover Today 11:56 AM
- YouTuber threatened with arrest after rapping about being a girl from Mecca Today 11:55 AM
- Video shows flat-Earther ‘daredevil’ crashing to death after homemade rocket fails Today 11:49 AM
- Cardi B defends Dwyane Wade’s daughter during Instagram Live Today 11:45 AM
- YouTube briefly shuts down beloved ‘lofi hip hop radio’ channel, launching a new meme Today 11:42 AM
- Neil deGrasse Tyson points out that Elsa from ‘Frozen’ has ‘horse-sized eyeballs’ Today 10:58 AM
- Republicans as Sanders rises: Watch out, we may vote for Trump Today 10:54 AM
- Amazon series ‘Hunters’ criticized by Auschwitz Memorial over fictionalized scene Today 10:45 AM
Conservatives continue to unleash fury on Greta Thunberg, a 16-year-old Swedish climate activist, following her emotional speech at the United Nations Climate Action Summit on Monday. Now, they have a therapeutic outlet for all that anger.
ABC 730, an Australian affiliate station, created a satirical video of a hotline “for adults angry at child.” Comedians Mark Humphries and Evan Williams released an infomercial for their “Greta Thunberg Helpline.”
THE GRETA THUNBERG HELPLINE:— Mark Humphries (@markhumphries) September 26, 2019
For adults angry at a child. pic.twitter.com/JAtIKyG4Va
The hotline provides a place of release for adults who “get irrationally angry at a Swedish girl who wants to save the planet,” the video says.
“So before you go full CAPS LOCK in an article comment section, let our expert counselors assess your situation,” the video says.
One example of the adult anger they are referencing was seen on Fox News in which pundit Michael Knowles referred to the young activist as “mentally ill.”
President Donald Trump also tried to troll Thunberg on Twitter. “She seems like a very happy young girl looking forward to a bright and wonderful future. So nice to see!” he tweeted.
She responded by changing her Twitter bio to “a very happy young girl looking forward to a bright and wonderful future.”
She seems like a very happy young girl looking forward to a bright and wonderful future. So nice to see! https://t.co/1tQG6QcVKO— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 24, 2019
She even retweeted the “Greta Thunberg Helpline” video.
“Hang in there! Help is available,” Thunberg wrote.
Hang in there! Help is available. https://t.co/aenieXxVut— Greta Thunberg (@GretaThunberg) September 26, 2019
Thunberg continues her climate change relief tour in Montreal on Thursday.
Climate change deniers are left with a 1-800 number. “It’s OK, we understand that children acting like adults, can make adults act like children,” the helpline says.
- Greta Thunberg burns Trump with new Twitter bio after his mocking tweet
- One man’s take: If Greta Thunberg can talk about climate change, why can’t kids be prostitutes?
- Greta Thunberg and Trump crossed paths at UN–and her reaction is now a viral GIF
- Conservative men are throwing tantrums over Greta Thunberg’s UN speech
Libby Cohen is a third-year University of Texas student originally from New Jersey. She has written for ORANGE Magazine, the Daily Texan, and most recently interned for 1010 WINS in NYC. She's now back in Austin writing for the Texas Standard and the Daily Dot.