- How to stream NFL Sunday Ticket without DirecTV 4 Weeks Ago
- How to watch Arizona State vs. Utah Today 4:00 AM
- How to watch Michigan vs. Penn State Today 4:00 AM
- How to watch Florida vs. South Carolina Today 4:00 AM
- How to stream Manchester City vs. Crystal Palace Today 1:00 AM
- How to stream Tottenham Hotspur vs. Watford Friday 9:00 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Eibar Friday 6:00 PM
- How to stream ‘Bigfoot’ Silva vs. Gabriel Gonzaga in BKFC Friday 6:00 PM
- Demi Lovato’s nude photos allegedly leaked on Snapchat Friday 3:07 PM
- NBA TV is the new streaming service for basketball fanatics Friday 3:02 PM
- California residents will get cell phone alerts seconds before earthquakes Friday 2:29 PM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. RCD Mallorca Friday 2:00 PM
- Trump accused of ‘using the language of ethnic cleansing’ regarding Kurds Friday 1:42 PM
- Hillary Clinton also thinks Tulsi Gabbard is a Russian bot Friday 1:13 PM
- TikTok girls dancing to voicemails from sh*tty exes is a vibe Friday 12:34 PM
Teen activist Greta Thunberg delivered a fiery, emotional, and incisive speech at the United Nations (U.N.) Climate Action Summit–a day established to address carbon emissions–where she called out world leaders for failing to adequately address the climate crisis.
“You have stolen my dreams and my childhood with your empty words,” Thunberg said on Monday. “And yet, I’m one of the lucky ones. People are suffering. People are dying. Entire ecosystems are collapsing. We are in the beginning of a mass extinction. And all you can talk about is money and fairy tales of eternal economic growth. How dare you!”
Thunberg’s message ended with a warning. “The eyes of all future generations are upon you,” she said. “And if you choose to fail us, I say we will never forgive you. We will not let you get away with this. Right here, right now is where we draw the line.”
Her speech was met with applause and most seemed to be in awe of the teen’s bravery and tenacity–except, for conservative men, of course. They flocked to Twitter to throw a tantrum over the 16-year-old’s speech.
“This is the voice of fanaticism, not science,” conservative author Rich Lowry tweeted.
This is the voice of fanaticism, not of sciencehttps://t.co/NAlJwWDWEs— Rich Lowry (@RichLowry) September 23, 2019
The Daily Wire reporter Ryan Saavedra called the “far-left” activist’s speech “absolute madness.”
This speech by far-left activist Greta Thunberg is absolute madness pic.twitter.com/RFyIPZlajQ— Ryan Saavedra (@RealSaavedra) September 23, 2019
“Greta Thunberg’s parents should be locked up for child abuse. They are allowing their kid to be manipulated by sick globalists like George Soros to push a fake climate crisis agenda. Using children as political props like this is straight out of the Nazi handbook of propaganda,” another user, who’s “taking on the liberal insanity,” wrote.
Greta Thunberg’s parents should be locked up for child abuse.— Educating Liberals (@Education4Libs) September 23, 2019
They are allowing their kid to be manipulated by sick globalists like George Soros to push a fake climate crisis agenda.
Using children as political props like this is straight out of the Nazi handbook of propaganda.
Yes, the public really loves her. That’s why Germans across the entire country are affixing bumper stickers to their cars that say “fuck Greta”. https://t.co/9j2OcZ5iGx— Paul Joseph Watson (@PrisonPlanet) September 23, 2019
“I hope Greta Thunbergs’ parents save some of the millions of dollars they’re being paid by eco left groups for her. Many actors/actresses like her get taken advantage of by their parents,” Alex Bruesewitz wrote.
I hope Greta Thunbergs parents save some of the millions of dollars they’re being paid by eco left groups for her.— Alex Bruesewitz (@alexbruesewitz) September 23, 2019
Many actors/actresses like her get taken advantage of by their parents
This is not the first time Thunberg has gotten conservatives’ panties in a wad. Since she catapulted herself into the forefront of the climate debate, Thunberg has been on the receiving end of plenty of trolling and harassment. In August, the Daily Dot reported on the long list of strange things she has been called, including “Tide Pod eater,” “an exploited, terrified child with Aspergers,” and “zombied.” And she was also very recently–as in today–compared to a Nazi poster girl.
Clearly, conservatives feel very, very threatened by the teen–even more so than they are of the climate crisis, which scientists agree will have seriously grave impacts on the planet if drastic measures aren’t taken soon.
Tiffanie Drayton is a geek culture and lifestyle reporter whose work covers everything from gender and race to anime and Xbox. Her work has appeared in Complex, Salon, Marie Claire, Playboy, and elsewhere.