- YouTube says it will be harsher on creators with ‘patterns of harassing behavior’ Today 1:15 PM
- Why one senator stopped a vote on net neutrality Today 12:49 PM
- Man reportedly denied refugee status after officials fail to forward email Today 12:09 PM
- ‘Jojo Rabbit’ star to lead Disney+ ‘Home Alone’ reboot Today 12:08 PM
- Beyoncé and Kelly Rowland were harassed by Jagged Edge as teens, Mathew Knowles says Today 11:52 AM
- White nationalist Nick Fuentes is upset MTV aired his white nationalist views Today 11:37 AM
- Juice WRLD had secret drug-littered Instagram, according to his ex-girlfriend Today 11:10 AM
- Jersey City suspect posted anti-Semitic, anti-police materials online Today 10:30 AM
- Novaruu was banned from Twitch for 3 days—and she can’t understand why Today 10:12 AM
- Pete Buttigieg swears he’s not in the CIA Today 9:28 AM
- Greta Thunberg named ‘Time’ 2019 person of the year Today 9:28 AM
- The best gear and gadget gifts for Dad this holiday season Today 7:30 AM
- The 10 most important sci-fi films of the 2010s Today 7:00 AM
- Netflix advances beyond testosterone-fueled anime with subdued ‘Levius’ Today 6:00 AM
- Influencer accused of selling shirt she was supposed to promote Tuesday 8:42 PM
If there’s one thing President Donald Trump loves, it’s pointing out how hypocritical politicians are. If there’s another thing he also loves, it’s dropping low-grade videos on Twitter. His firing of James Comey gave him the perfect opportunity to do both.
Last night, he posted a video showing a bevy of Democrats calling for James Comey to be fired. It begins by rhetorically asking “Democrats, what changed?’ before compiling news segments and quotes from Bernie Sanders, Chuck Schumer, Nancy Pelosi and others questioning Comey’s ability to lead the FBI.
Come for the rousing score at the two-minute mark but stay for the official Drain the Swamp logo.
Trump does have a point. Over the summer and into the fall, Democrats were up in arms about Comey’s handling of the Hillary Clinton email scandal, to the point where they said that he lost the trust of the American people. That is, ostensibly, why Trump fired him.
Naturally, though, Democrats don’t believe Trump’s rationale for firing Comey. His critics believe he did it to send a message to the Bureau about investigating his campaign and administration’s ties to Russia.
Who knows the truth? I’m just here for a two-year-long slogan finally getting three minutes of design work.
What’s lurking behind the bushes???
Also, is that even what a swamp looks like? I’m not so sure.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]