- How an Instagram feud led to the death of 9-year-old girl Today 11:08 AM
- A scarier ‘The Haunting of Hill House’ extended director’s cut is coming to Blu-ray Today 9:15 AM
- The 9 best podcasts for kids that entertain and educate Today 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! Why does my BFF get more likes on Instagram than me? Today 6:00 AM
- The 25 Tom Cruise movies that are essential viewing Today 6:00 AM
- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight Saturday 4:31 PM
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Saturday 2:54 PM
- Behold: 12 straight hours of ‘Stranger Things” Alexei drinking a Slurpee Saturday 2:05 PM
- Influencer couple under fire for using holy water to splash genitals in Bali Saturday 1:29 PM
- These are the 10 best villains DC comics has ever conceived Saturday 1:11 PM
- The Daily Wire accused of stealing art design from pop artist for its merchandise Saturday 12:09 PM
- Instagram model Rianne Meijer on keeping it real with her followers Saturday 10:52 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Leicester City Saturday 8:30 AM
- Florida man arrested after allegedly texting girlfriend his mass shooting plans Saturday 8:27 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Celta Vigo Saturday 8:20 AM
This article contains content that could be disturbing to some readers.
A man suspected of killing eight people in Lincoln County, Mississippi on Saturday night, including a police deputy, has been apprehended by law enforcement. The man, Cory Godbolt, spoke about the alleged killings and his subsequent arrest to Therese Apel of the Jackson Clarion-Ledger while handcuffed on the ground on Sunday.
In the process of doing so, he insisted that he’d intended to commit suicide-by-police, and he said that “death” is what’s in his future.
“Suicide-by-cop was my intention,” Godbolt said. “I ain’t fit to live, not after what I’ve done. Not in y’all’s eyes, and not in nobody else’s eyes.”
The Clarion-Ledger footage of Godbolt’s curbside confession is embedded below, but be forewarned, it’s disturbing.
Suspect tells me Lincoln Co. deputy was just in the way, and after all this he meant to commit suicide by cop. pic.twitter.com/ZebieSQkdR— Therese Apel (@TRex21) May 28, 2017
No victims besides the slain police deputy, 36-year-old William Durr, have yet been identified. Godbolt seemingly denied intending to kill Durr.
“My pain wasn’t designed for him,” Godbolt said. “He was just there.”
Raw video from the arrest of Cory Godbolt, accused of killing 8 people in Lincoln County overnight. pic.twitter.com/8NLSkSvXQR— Therese Apel (@TRex21) May 28, 2017
While no motive has yet been offered for the killings, Godbolt’s statement suggests the police were called in the midst of an argument or conflict between he and his wife about “taking [his] children home.”
Chris Tognotti is a frequent contributor for the Daily Dot. He’s a news and current events writer based out of Berkeley, California, and a co-host of the podcast Now We Know. While he specializes in domestic politics and opinion writing, he’s also savvy on sports, video games, and film.