- Angela Abar wrestles with destiny in ‘Watchmen’ episode 8 Sunday 9:05 PM
- Guy who runs Trump Organization Twitter account caught hyping up own tweet Sunday 4:51 PM
- People found out how tall Olaf is–and now ‘Frozen’ is terrifying Sunday 3:41 PM
- Rapper Juice WRLD dead at 21 Sunday 3:02 PM
- Embody Andrew Yang, fight other presidential candidates in video game Sunday 2:33 PM
- Ariana Grande spoke with TikTok teen who looks exactly like her Sunday 1:00 PM
- Beyoncé accused of paying dancers ‘low rates’ Sunday 11:58 AM
- Timmy Thick blasted for saying the N-word in comeback video Sunday 9:11 AM
- Netflix’s ‘The Confession Killer’ is a devastating and well-built portrait of a con artist Sunday 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! I’m ashamed to tell anyone about my online shopping habit Sunday 6:00 AM
- UPS facing backlash for thanking police after employee killed in shootout Saturday 5:02 PM
- Sanders campaign fires staffer after anti-Semitic, homophobic tweets surface Saturday 3:13 PM
- Brother Nature was attacked, says everyone just watched with phones out Saturday 2:45 PM
- Ryan Reynolds’ gin company hires Peloton wife for ad Saturday 1:24 PM
- Ex-vegan YouTuber accused of fraud after following meat-only diet Saturday 1:11 PM
This article contains content that could be disturbing to some readers.
A man suspected of killing eight people in Lincoln County, Mississippi on Saturday night, including a police deputy, has been apprehended by law enforcement. The man, Cory Godbolt, spoke about the alleged killings and his subsequent arrest to Therese Apel of the Jackson Clarion-Ledger while handcuffed on the ground on Sunday.
In the process of doing so, he insisted that he’d intended to commit suicide-by-police, and he said that “death” is what’s in his future.
“Suicide-by-cop was my intention,” Godbolt said. “I ain’t fit to live, not after what I’ve done. Not in y’all’s eyes, and not in nobody else’s eyes.”
The Clarion-Ledger footage of Godbolt’s curbside confession is embedded below, but be forewarned, it’s disturbing.
Suspect tells me Lincoln Co. deputy was just in the way, and after all this he meant to commit suicide by cop. pic.twitter.com/ZebieSQkdR— Therese Apel (@TRex21) May 28, 2017
No victims besides the slain police deputy, 36-year-old William Durr, have yet been identified. Godbolt seemingly denied intending to kill Durr.
“My pain wasn’t designed for him,” Godbolt said. “He was just there.”
Raw video from the arrest of Cory Godbolt, accused of killing 8 people in Lincoln County overnight. pic.twitter.com/8NLSkSvXQR— Therese Apel (@TRex21) May 28, 2017
While no motive has yet been offered for the killings, Godbolt’s statement suggests the police were called in the midst of an argument or conflict between he and his wife about “taking [his] children home.”
Chris Tognotti is a frequent contributor for the Daily Dot. He’s a news and current events writer based out of Berkeley, California, and a co-host of the podcast Now We Know. While he specializes in domestic politics and opinion writing, he’s also savvy on sports, video games, and film.