- People think Ghislaine Maxwell was Photoshopped in those In-N-Out photos 7 Months Ago
- People are transfixed by a TikTok cat dancing along to ‘Mr. Sandman’ Today 4:52 PM
- Nazi troll pretending to be antifa in Portland gets outed by internet Today 4:15 PM
- ‘Dear White People’ season 3 reflects the exhaustion of the times—for better or for worse Today 3:59 PM
- ‘Seinfeld’ and ‘Friends’ fans feud over which sitcom is better Today 3:57 PM
- Anti-abortion centers are getting around Google’s misinformation policy Today 3:45 PM
- Twitter, Facebook remove Chinese accounts spreading Hong Kong misinformation Today 3:41 PM
- ‘Mindhunter’ season 2 offers no happy endings Today 3:19 PM
- How to watch ‘The Righteous Gemstones’ online Today 3:03 PM
- ‘Mindhunter’ season 2 brings out the memes Today 2:59 PM
- Rumor suggests the X-Men might battle the Avengers on-screen Today 2:54 PM
- The CDC is investigating cases of severe lung damage linked to vaping Today 2:08 PM
- How to stream the 49ers vs. Broncos on (preseason) Monday Night Football Today 1:24 PM
- Trump thinks Google made 16 million people vote for Clinton Today 12:54 PM
- Danny McBride’s ‘The Righteous Gemstones’ is a wicked televangelist comedy Today 12:46 PM
Lahren tweeted out a response to Cardi B‘s recent viral Instagram post, in which the 26-year-old rapper pulled no punches as she dug into Trump’s role in the government shutdown. “This shit is really fucking serious, bro. This shit is crazy,” she said in the video.
“Our country is in a hellhole, right now. All for a fucking wall.”
Lahren wasted no time responding to the video. She took to Twitter to write “Looks like @iamcardib is the latest genius political mind to endorse the Democrats. HA! Keep it up, guys! #MAGA2020.”
Cardi B didn’t let the attempt at shade pass by unanswered. “Leave me alone I will dog walk you,” she responded.
Leave me alone I will dog walk you . https://t.co/FjqIzpUbvp— iamcardib (@iamcardib) January 20, 2019
Lahren, ignoring the invitation to see herself out of the discussion, didn’t let it end there. She followed up Cardi’s tweet with another of her own. “I’m sure you would,” she wrote. “Still doesn’t make your political rambling any less moronic. #BuildthatWall.”
Then, Cardi really came for her.
You’re so blinded with racism that you don’t even realize the decisions the president you root for is destroying the country you claim to love so much .You are a perfect example on no matter how educated or smart you think you are you still a SHEEP! https://t.co/khRpoOt16B— iamcardib (@iamcardib) January 20, 2019
Of course, New York representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez jumped in on the dogpile.
Why do people think they can mess with Bronx women without getting roasted?— Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (@AOC) January 20, 2019
They act as though our borough hasn’t been perfecting the clapback game since the Sugarhill Gang 🤣 y’all just found it on Twitter https://t.co/pgxUU1BDJs
Lahren had enough time to waste that she spent time trolling Cardi’s social media pages to add her two cents to discussions that had nothing to do with her. In one conversation, Twitter user @chris85pavone asked Cardi, “You gonna pay for my insurance? And do I get to pick my doctor and my own plan.”
Cardi responded with “Im paying about 4 million in taxes this year so most likely I am Paying for your insurance…. That’s if your favorite president don’t take my tax money for his wall Mr. white bread.”
Im paying about 4 million in taxes this year so most likely I am Paying for your insurance ....That’s if your favorite president don’t take my tax money for his wall Mr white bread . https://t.co/nm5l4lVhrp— iamcardib (@iamcardib) January 20, 2019
Apparently, Lahren couldn’t resist the urge to poke the bear a bit more. “You do realize these high taxes you complain about are the bedrock of the Democratic Party, right? If you want lower taxes and more economic freedom, beware of the party you are rooting for.”
You do realize these high taxes you complain about are the bedrock of the Democratic Party, right? If you want lower taxes and more economic freedom, beware of the party you are rooting for. https://t.co/cCG5wYsElc— Tomi Lahren (@TomiLahren) January 20, 2019
But Cardi’s fans, and even casual Twitter observers were having none of it.
Of all people, you should never mock anyone else’s intelligence, ever.— Kevin M. Kruse (@KevinMKruse) January 20, 2019
The poor man’s ann Coulter strikes again— Molly Jong-Fast (@MollyJongFast) January 20, 2019
If you ever see Tomi Lahren trending just know it is ALWAYS because someone dragged her...— Tony Posnanski (@tonyposnanski) January 20, 2019
Good job Cardi B.
There’s more. RIP Tomi Lahren😊 pic.twitter.com/o4lzEkCFTn— 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐉𝐚𝐧𝐞 ง'̀-'ง (@LilCalamityJane) January 20, 2019
Breaking: Live shot of Cardi B and Tomi Lahren. pic.twitter.com/OnvbHyW1Sl— Christopher Bouzy (@cbouzy) January 20, 2019
It’s not exactly the matchup we expected, but if the feud between Lahren and Cardi gives us more political Cardi, we’re on board.
H/T Huffington Post
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.