- The 5 most important conclusions from Robert Mueller’s report Today 1:28 PM
- Facebook bans many of the U.K.’s infamous far-right groups Today 1:15 PM
- Cersei and Tyrion Lannister learned about respect from Elmo Today 12:57 PM
- The Mueller Report includes a footnote about the pee tape Today 12:08 PM
- Trump at the start of Mueller investigation: ‘I’m f*cked’ Today 11:19 AM
- Joe Rogan’s podcast has a serious women problem Today 11:10 AM
- The best Mother’s Day gifts for every budget Today 11:04 AM
- Dog watches the digging of its own grave—and Twitter is shook Today 10:30 AM
- Why Marvel changed the way we think about movie franchises Today 10:28 AM
- 13 thoughtful Mother’s Day gifts to fully pamper mom Today 10:00 AM
- George Zimmerman is looking for ‘carefree fun’ on Tinder (updated) Today 9:54 AM
- Trump responds with a ‘Game of Thrones’ meme to the Mueller report Today 9:43 AM
- A new tool lets you track candidate spending on Facebook—and Trump is crushing Democrats Today 8:59 AM
- George Lucas helped direct ‘Game of Thrones’—and he’s not a Jon Snow fan Today 8:05 AM
- Conspiracy theorists got me suspended from Twitter—and now I understand them better Today 7:29 AM
Senators lose their sh*t over Cardi B shutdown Instagram
“Trump is now ordering… federal government workers to go back to work without getting paid,” she said.
The 26-year-old has never shied away from speaking her mind. Her criticism of the current administration and their lack of progress regarding the shutdown comes in true Cardi B fashion.
“This shit is crazy,” she said. “Our country is in a hellhole, right now. We really need to take this seriously.”
Cardi’s Instagram activism comes as thousands of federal employees are forced back to work without pay. Thousands more anxiously await a resolution to the longest shutdown in United States history, as thousands of jobs remain unstaffed. National parks are being trashed, food is going uninspected, and the TSA is experiencing a national rate of “6.1 percent of unscheduled absences.”
The video took no time going viral and caught the eye of people all over Twitter.
— Chris Evans (@ChrisEvans) January 17, 2019
Senators, in particular, lost their shit.
Cardi B started a congressional quorum. pic.twitter.com/6RwcjSeS9b
— Adam Klasfeld (@KlasfeldReports) January 17, 2019
(Trying to decide whether or not to retweet the Cardi B video)
— Brian Schatz (@brianschatz) January 17, 2019
Omg, I had the same argument with myself 30 minutes ago!
— Chris Murphy (@ChrisMurphyCT) January 17, 2019
Guys, I’m still holding my breath. Are you gonna RT Cardi B or not?
— Chuck Schumer (@SenSchumer) January 17, 2019
Many people lauded Cardi for her empathy and using her platform to speak out.
Cardi B giving a better and nore engaging summary of the situation than CNN 💕https://t.co/9Pgg2wKFZ2
— marcus (@marcusjdl) January 16, 2019
I was off the grid for, like, two hours tonight and when I came back, Cardi B had won the 2020 election.
— Charlotte Clymer🏳️🌈 (@cmclymer) January 17, 2019
First Snoop, now Cardi B with the 🔥 take.
Maybe one day the GOP will have half as much of a spine as she does. pic.twitter.com/Zdtmwo0Hj0
— Brian Tyler Cohen (@briantylercohen) January 17, 2019
Yesterday, Speaker of the House Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) asked Trump to postpone his State of the Union address will the government is still shutdown.
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.