- Student assaulted on campus while tabling for right-wing group 1 Month Ago
- Kim Kardashian West sues fashion company for using her likeness to sell clothes Today 1:12 PM
- The Oscar-nominated movies you’ll actually want to watch again Today 12:56 PM
- Viral graphic shows the moment Apple became the top brand Today 12:27 PM
- Jake Paul calls out KSI for a YouTube boxing match Today 11:31 AM
- This elementary school made students play ‘runaway slave’ Today 11:20 AM
- ‘Captain Marvel’ is already a box office hit Today 11:06 AM
- This ‘buff bunny vs. small bunny’ meme is here for when you’re feeling inferior Today 10:53 AM
- Ocasio-Cortez slams trolls who come at her with ‘weak’ memes Today 10:52 AM
- YouTube just made it awfully easy to harass creators Today 10:16 AM
- Report: Trump the only 2020 contender who won’t rule out using stolen data Today 9:01 AM
- House Republicans offer bipartisan net neutrality bill—but there’s a catch Today 8:30 AM
- This Loki meme is the new way to play dumb Today 7:30 AM
- Mark Duplass and Ray Romano transcend the typical bromance in ‘Paddleton’ Today 7:00 AM
- 15 new thrillers on Netflix you need to see Today 7:00 AM
Senators lose their sh*t over Cardi B shutdown Instagram
“Trump is now ordering… federal government workers to go back to work without getting paid,” she said.
The 26-year-old has never shied away from speaking her mind. Her criticism of the current administration and their lack of progress regarding the shutdown comes in true Cardi B fashion.
“This shit is crazy,” she said. “Our country is in a hellhole, right now. We really need to take this seriously.”
Cardi’s Instagram activism comes as thousands of federal employees are forced back to work without pay. Thousands more anxiously await a resolution to the longest shutdown in United States history, as thousands of jobs remain unstaffed. National parks are being trashed, food is going uninspected, and the TSA is experiencing a national rate of “6.1 percent of unscheduled absences.”
The video took no time going viral and caught the eye of people all over Twitter.
— Chris Evans (@ChrisEvans) January 17, 2019
Senators, in particular, lost their shit.
Cardi B started a congressional quorum. pic.twitter.com/6RwcjSeS9b
— Adam Klasfeld (@KlasfeldReports) January 17, 2019
(Trying to decide whether or not to retweet the Cardi B video)
— Brian Schatz (@brianschatz) January 17, 2019
Omg, I had the same argument with myself 30 minutes ago!
— Chris Murphy (@ChrisMurphyCT) January 17, 2019
Guys, I’m still holding my breath. Are you gonna RT Cardi B or not?
— Chuck Schumer (@SenSchumer) January 17, 2019
Many people lauded Cardi for her empathy and using her platform to speak out.
Cardi B giving a better and nore engaging summary of the situation than CNN 💕https://t.co/9Pgg2wKFZ2
— marcus (@marcusjdl) January 16, 2019
I was off the grid for, like, two hours tonight and when I came back, Cardi B had won the 2020 election.
— Charlotte Clymer🏳️🌈 (@cmclymer) January 17, 2019
First Snoop, now Cardi B with the 🔥 take.
Maybe one day the GOP will have half as much of a spine as she does. pic.twitter.com/Zdtmwo0Hj0
— Brian Tyler Cohen (@briantylercohen) January 17, 2019
Yesterday, Speaker of the House Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) asked Trump to postpone his State of the Union address will the government is still shutdown.
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.