- AirTV is essential for Sling TV subscribers 6 Months Ago
- #ICEBae is reportedly a Democrat–and she has some things to get off her chest Tuesday 8:45 PM
- Fans are stoked that Taika Waititi is back to direct ‘Thor 4’ Tuesday 7:22 PM
- Sacha Baron Cohen thanks ‘co-stars’ Dick Cheney, Sarah Palin for making Emmy nominations possible Tuesday 6:43 PM
- Roger Stone barred from posting on all social media platforms Tuesday 6:03 PM
- The FaceApp challenge shows you how gracefully you’ll age Tuesday 5:16 PM
- Kylie Jenner opens up about her mental health in candid Instagram post Tuesday 4:38 PM
- Fans speculate wildly about Naomi Watts’ ‘Game of Thrones’ prequel role after leaked set photo Tuesday 3:54 PM
- New Jersey congressman joins House Democrats ‘Squad’ because of an Onion article Tuesday 3:09 PM
- Twitter begins rolling out new desktop redesign, and users aren’t happy Tuesday 1:54 PM
- Man asks his girlfriend to ‘unlove’ her ex—and people do not agree with him Tuesday 1:37 PM
- Relive a forgotten gem with the TurboGrafx-16 Mini console Tuesday 1:09 PM
- Judge says Daily Stormer founder must pay $14 million for harassing Jewish realtor Tuesday 1:01 PM
- Graphic depiction of suicide cut from Netflix’s ’13 Reasons Why’ Tuesday 12:55 PM
- Streaming titles seize 2019 Emmy nominations Tuesday 12:19 PM
Senators lose their sh*t over Cardi B shutdown Instagram
“Trump is now ordering… federal government workers to go back to work without getting paid,” she said.
The 26-year-old has never shied away from speaking her mind. Her criticism of the current administration and their lack of progress regarding the shutdown comes in true Cardi B fashion.
“This shit is crazy,” she said. “Our country is in a hellhole, right now. We really need to take this seriously.”
Cardi’s Instagram activism comes as thousands of federal employees are forced back to work without pay. Thousands more anxiously await a resolution to the longest shutdown in United States history, as thousands of jobs remain unstaffed. National parks are being trashed, food is going uninspected, and the TSA is experiencing a national rate of “6.1 percent of unscheduled absences.”
The video took no time going viral and caught the eye of people all over Twitter.
Senators, in particular, lost their shit.
Cardi B started a congressional quorum. pic.twitter.com/6RwcjSeS9b— Adam Klasfeld (@KlasfeldReports) January 17, 2019
(Trying to decide whether or not to retweet the Cardi B video)— Brian Schatz (@brianschatz) January 17, 2019
Omg, I had the same argument with myself 30 minutes ago!— Chris Murphy (@ChrisMurphyCT) January 17, 2019
Guys, I’m still holding my breath. Are you gonna RT Cardi B or not?— Chuck Schumer (@SenSchumer) January 17, 2019
Many people lauded Cardi for her empathy and using her platform to speak out.
I was off the grid for, like, two hours tonight and when I came back, Cardi B had won the 2020 election.— Charlotte Clymer🏳️🌈 (@cmclymer) January 17, 2019
First Snoop, now Cardi B with the 🔥 take.— Brian Tyler Cohen (@briantylercohen) January 17, 2019
Maybe one day the GOP will have half as much of a spine as she does. pic.twitter.com/Zdtmwo0Hj0
Yesterday, Speaker of the House Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) asked Trump to postpone his State of the Union address will the government is still shutdown.
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.