- The explosion at a bull semen factory generated a lot of obvious jokes 8 Months Ago
- Jessica Jaymes, adult film star, dead at 43 Today 4:18 PM
- How to stream Falcons vs. Colts in Week 3 Today 4:05 PM
- Beto O’Rourke says he opposes police use of facial recognition tech Today 4:01 PM
- Lawsuit alleges woman was kidnapped by Lyft driver and gang-raped Today 3:19 PM
- Facebook and Ray-Ban want to replace smartphones with smart glasses Today 3:13 PM
- Sirfetch’d is the gallant new Pokémon winning everyone’s heart Today 3:09 PM
- Danielle Cohn’s dad says she’s not really 15 years old Today 2:14 PM
- Chilling ad by Sandy Hook Promise features kids using school supplies during a shooting Today 1:50 PM
- Don’t fall victim to this Venmo texting scam Today 1:18 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Netflix in October 2019 Today 12:55 PM
- Marvel just turned Goldballs into one of the most powerful X-Men Today 12:33 PM
- Every house in ‘Skyrim’ and how to get them all Today 12:28 PM
- How to stream all the Week 3 NFL action Today 12:14 PM
- Taylor Swift has some thoughts on the end of ‘Game of Thrones’ Today 12:14 PM
“Trump is now ordering… federal government workers to go back to work without getting paid,” she said.
The 26-year-old has never shied away from speaking her mind. Her criticism of the current administration and their lack of progress regarding the shutdown comes in true Cardi B fashion.
“This shit is crazy,” she said. “Our country is in a hellhole, right now. We really need to take this seriously.”
Cardi’s Instagram activism comes as thousands of federal employees are forced back to work without pay. Thousands more anxiously await a resolution to the longest shutdown in United States history, as thousands of jobs remain unstaffed. National parks are being trashed, food is going uninspected, and the TSA is experiencing a national rate of “6.1 percent of unscheduled absences.”
The video took no time going viral and caught the eye of people all over Twitter.
Senators, in particular, lost their shit.
Cardi B started a congressional quorum. pic.twitter.com/6RwcjSeS9b— Adam Klasfeld (@KlasfeldReports) January 17, 2019
(Trying to decide whether or not to retweet the Cardi B video)— Brian Schatz (@brianschatz) January 17, 2019
Omg, I had the same argument with myself 30 minutes ago!— Chris Murphy (@ChrisMurphyCT) January 17, 2019
Guys, I’m still holding my breath. Are you gonna RT Cardi B or not?— Chuck Schumer (@SenSchumer) January 17, 2019
Many people lauded Cardi for her empathy and using her platform to speak out.
I was off the grid for, like, two hours tonight and when I came back, Cardi B had won the 2020 election.— Charlotte Clymer🏳️🌈 (@cmclymer) January 17, 2019
First Snoop, now Cardi B with the 🔥 take.— Brian Tyler Cohen (@briantylercohen) January 17, 2019
Maybe one day the GOP will have half as much of a spine as she does. pic.twitter.com/Zdtmwo0Hj0
Yesterday, Speaker of the House Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) asked Trump to postpone his State of the Union address will the government is still shutdown.
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.