- Why Joel Osteen gets cyberbullied every time Houston floods 2 Months Ago
- How to stream Jets vs. Patriots in Week 3 2 Months Ago
- 10 indie dating simulator games you should be playing 2 Months Ago
- How to stream Packers vs. Broncos in Week 3 2 Months Ago
- Saudi crown prince’s former adviser suspended from Twitter 2 Months Ago
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Dolphins in Week 3 2 Months Ago
- YouTuber to pay restitution after a teen fan died copying her video Today 10:36 AM
- Antonio Brown sent ‘intimidating’ texts to an accuser, including a pic of her children Today 9:38 AM
- Facebook suspended tens of thousands of apps after Cambridge Analytica scandal Today 8:24 AM
- How to stream Browns vs. Rams on Sunday Night Football Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch ‘NFL Primetime’ on ESPN+ Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Chelsea Friday 6:45 PM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Sevilla Friday 6:35 PM
- How to stream Peter ‘Kid Chocolate’ Quillin vs. Alfredo Angulo Friday 5:16 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Granada Friday 4:50 PM
And 0ne of the bigger flare-ups of the night happened when former Gov. John Hickenlooper (D-Colo.) tried to mock Sanders during a debate they had over “radical changes” in the Democratic party. Hickenlooper said he was worried about the direction the party was going when Sanders reacted.
“So put your hands up–” Hickenlooper said.
“I will,” Sanders responded, raising his hands up.
“Oho, I can do it!” Hickenlooper said, doing the same.
Hickenlooper even tweeted about it.
“As Governor, I didn’t just talk about plans or throw my hands up – I got the tough stuff done,” the former governor tweeted.
As Governor, I didn't just talk about plans or throw my hands up - I got the tough stuff done. pic.twitter.com/KdUcWiDg90— John Hickenlooper (@Hickenlooper) July 31, 2019
Sanders also tweeted part of the exchange but left out the hand-raising moment
“We are going to defeat Donald Trump (and beat him badly) because we are going to expose him as a fraud and a phony. #DemDebate,” he wrote.
The moment caught the attention of people online.
Hickenlooper: Throw your hands up Bernie: pic.twitter.com/AlLm43vJ7e— Canan Tanir (JAH-nawn) (@TanirCanan) July 31, 2019
THROW YOUR HANDS UP pic.twitter.com/dddb4BxOLd— The Daily Show (@TheDailyShow) July 31, 2019
Too bad Beto O’Rourke didn’t get to participate.
- Elizabeth Warren says ‘this isn’t funny’ when audience laughs at healthcare debate
- Cardi B asked Bernie Sanders questions culled from her Instagram followers
- Bernie Sanders pledges to nominate FCC commissioners who will reinstate net neutrality
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).