- Lawsuit alleges YouTube’s unboxing videos are ‘abusive’ ads aimed at kids Sunday 3:48 PM
- Dr. Dre shades Lori Loughlin with Instagram flex about his daughter getting into USC Sunday 3:13 PM
- University of Georgia frat’s racist Snapchat video draws campus outrage Sunday 1:21 PM
- Facing criticism for eating fish, vegan YouTube star Rawvana speaks out Sunday 10:47 AM
- Arnold Schwarzenegger chases mini-pony in new TikTok video Sunday 9:19 AM
- Review: ‘Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice’ is a cut above the rest Sunday 8:00 AM
- Where do 2020 Democratic candidates stand on healthcare? Sunday 7:30 AM
- How to (legally) stream live TV on Kodi Sunday 7:00 AM
- ‘Delhi Crime’ tackles inequality and women’s rights Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 STP 500 at Martinsville Speedway for free Sunday 6:00 AM
- These high school theater kids put on a totally awesome ‘Alien’ play Saturday 3:59 PM
- Behold these photos of Elon Musk, but with Elizabeth Holmes’ eyes Saturday 3:11 PM
- Barbra Streisand gets ‘canceled’ over remarks about Michael Jackson’s alleged victims Saturday 2:09 PM
- Report: Florida man raped Texas teen after posing as Instagram celeb Saturday 12:14 PM
- Lori Loughlin’s daughters, Olivia and Isabella, could be banned from USC forever Saturday 11:46 AM
Trump ironically slams Beto O’Rourke about his very active hand movements
People pointed out that Trump also waves his hands a lot.
The president made the remarks on Thursday morning while meeting with Irish Prime Minister Leo Varadkar at the White House.
O’Rourke’s hand movements during a video he posted online early Thursday that announced he was running became a focus of online fascination.
I am running to serve you as the next president. The challenges we face are the greatest in living memory. No one person can meet them on their own. Only this country can do that, and only if we build a movement that includes all of us. Say you're in: https://t.co/EKLdkVET2u pic.twitter.com/lainXyvG2n
— Beto O'Rourke (@BetoORourke) March 14, 2019
“I think he’s got a lot of hand movement. I’ve never seen so much hand movement. I said ‘is he crazy or is that just the way he acts?'” the president said. “So I’ve never seen hand movement. I watched him a little while this morning, doing I assume it was some kind of a news conference. I’ve actually never seen anything quite like it. Study it, I’m sure you’ll agree.”
— CBS News (@CBSNews) March 14, 2019
Trump says Beto had a lot of hand movement, wonders if he is crazy pic.twitter.com/i3Q2SloJD8
— Jeff Mason (@jeffmason1) March 14, 2019
The president was not alone in noticing O’Rourke’s hands in the video, but his knock on the 2020 hopeful’s hands struck many people online as ironic, considering his own hand movements during speeches are well known.
Trump has a long history of criticizing people for things he himself is guilty of.
Lol. Trump ragging on Beto for excessive "hand movement."
At least they're BIG hands. 😁
— The Cat Ate My Mueller Report Shelly (@TexHellCat) March 14, 2019
— Cynthia (@betterwchile) March 14, 2019
— Huh (@debbie_marney41) March 14, 2019
Trump: Beto moves his hands too much…must be crazy or something…
Me: Bruh… pic.twitter.com/IExropeXFo
— happysnarkygal2 (@happysnarkygal2) March 14, 2019
Donald Trump on Beto O'Rourke: "Well, he's got a lot of hand movement. I've never seen so much hand movement. Is he crazy, or what?"
The projection never ends with this guy. 🙄
— Sergio Siano (@sianoresist) March 14, 2019
Maybe Trump will unveil a hands-related nickname for O’Rourke soon?
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).