- Guy who said he stole drugs from MS-13 now says viral story is fake 2 Months Ago
- Financial service company left 885 million private records exposed online Today 3:13 PM
- Sasha Obama went to prom and Twitter is delighted with the photos Today 2:22 PM
- Jon Voight says Trump is the greatest president since Lincoln in Twitter videos Today 1:31 PM
- #DeleteFacebook gains momentum after the platform refused to remove doctored Nancy Pelosi videos Today 11:58 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ failed women—and it’s a shame on its legacy Today 7:40 AM
- How to use Tor, the network that lets you browse the web anonymously Today 7:30 AM
- How to live stream Devin Haney vs. Antonio Moran on DAZN Today 7:00 AM
- Trump’s transphobic policies are disgusting—but they aren’t new Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Copa del Rey Final online for free Today 5:45 AM
- How to watch the DFB-Pokal final for free Today 5:30 AM
- Curvy Wife Guy drops music video for rap song ‘Chubby Sexy’ Friday 7:33 PM
- A ‘Black Mirror’-inspired miniseries is coming to YouTube via Netflix Latin America Friday 5:56 PM
- Kanye West appears on David Letterman’s Netflix show to talk Trump, TMZ, and Drake Friday 3:27 PM
- QAnon believers link small-town arrest to deep state conspiracy without evidence Friday 1:58 PM
Trump ironically slams Beto O’Rourke about his very active hand movements
People pointed out that Trump also waves his hands a lot.
The president made the remarks on Thursday morning while meeting with Irish Prime Minister Leo Varadkar at the White House.
O’Rourke’s hand movements during a video he posted online early Thursday that announced he was running became a focus of online fascination.
I am running to serve you as the next president. The challenges we face are the greatest in living memory. No one person can meet them on their own. Only this country can do that, and only if we build a movement that includes all of us. Say you're in: https://t.co/EKLdkVET2u pic.twitter.com/lainXyvG2n
— Beto O'Rourke (@BetoORourke) March 14, 2019
“I think he’s got a lot of hand movement. I’ve never seen so much hand movement. I said ‘is he crazy or is that just the way he acts?'” the president said. “So I’ve never seen hand movement. I watched him a little while this morning, doing I assume it was some kind of a news conference. I’ve actually never seen anything quite like it. Study it, I’m sure you’ll agree.”
— CBS News (@CBSNews) March 14, 2019
Trump says Beto had a lot of hand movement, wonders if he is crazy pic.twitter.com/i3Q2SloJD8
— Jeff Mason (@jeffmason1) March 14, 2019
The president was not alone in noticing O’Rourke’s hands in the video, but his knock on the 2020 hopeful’s hands struck many people online as ironic, considering his own hand movements during speeches are well known.
Trump has a long history of criticizing people for things he himself is guilty of.
Lol. Trump ragging on Beto for excessive "hand movement."
At least they're BIG hands. 😁
— The Cat ⬛⬛⬛⬛ My Mueller Report Shelly (@TexHellCat) March 14, 2019
— Cynthia (@betterwchile) March 14, 2019
— Huh (@debbie_marney41) March 14, 2019
Trump: Beto moves his hands too much…must be crazy or something…
Me: Bruh… pic.twitter.com/IExropeXFo
— happysnarkygal2 (@happysnarkygal2) March 14, 2019
Maybe Trump will unveil a hands-related nickname for O’Rourke soon?
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).