- ‘Aggretsuko’ tones down the rage in season 2 3 Years Ago
- TikTok is being used to call out predators 3 Years Ago
- Republican congressman wants to defund PBS over the gay rat wedding 3 Years Ago
- Elizabeth Warren calls for sweeping overhaul of U.S. elections Today 11:47 AM
- In ‘Wild Rose,’ a star is born Today 11:39 AM
- The Sinking City realizes Lovecraftian horror in a new light Today 11:16 AM
- The ‘Avengers: Endgame’ re-release sounds pretty underwhelming Today 11:10 AM
- Google employees won’t be allowed to speak out against YouTube during Pride Today 10:43 AM
- YouTuber Etika found dead, NYPD confirms Today 10:39 AM
- Andrew Yang is holding a universal basic income giveaway Today 10:38 AM
- League of Legends streamer busted live by girlfriend after she finds his Tinder Today 10:19 AM
- Samuel L. Jackson roasts ‘Spider-Man’ marketing gaffe Today 8:49 AM
- Trump cites long-dead ayatollah while announcing Iran sanction Today 8:46 AM
- Why a far-right conspiracy about Ilhan Omar is in the news again Today 7:46 AM
- Razer publicly shames female influencer who tweeted about being sexually harassed Today 7:45 AM
The third and final presidential debate kicked off with a shocking amount of policy talk. And then it completely went off the rails.
You can almost pinpoint the moment the tide turned to a single phrase: “Bad hombres.”
Suddenly, the internet woke up.
— Luke Brinker (@LukeBrinker) October 20, 2016
The joke quickly evolved.
The debate then devolved into a debate over WikiLeaks, Russia, and whether Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin are friends (they’re “not best friends,” Trump says). At the time of this writing, neither Trump nor Clinton have punched each other in the face.
Andrew Couts is the former editor of Layer 8, a section dedicated to the intersection of the Internet and the state—and the gaps in between. Prior to the Daily Dot, Couts served as features editor and features writer for Digital Trends, associate editor of TheWeek.com, and associate editor at Maxim magazine. When he’s not working, Couts can be found hiking with his German shepherds or blasting around on motorcycles.