- Maybe we should start taking Tom DeLonge seriously about UFOs 5 Months Ago
- Get ready to argue about the alternate-history politics of HBO’s ‘Watchmen’ 5 Months Ago
- Third instance of Justin Trudeau wearing racist makeup emerges after he apologized for first 2 5 Months Ago
- 6 must-watch college football games to stream this weekend Today 8:12 AM
- What is the Hinge dating app, and how does it work? Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Inside Bill’s Brain’ is nothing more than a Bill Gates infomercial Today 6:30 AM
- Swipe This! He hasn’t texted me back. Should I text him again? Today 6:00 AM
- New Loch Ness monster video may just confirm giant eel theory Wednesday 8:04 PM
- Instagram to restrict posts promoting diet culture and plastic surgery Wednesday 6:58 PM
- Apple wants to trademark ‘Slofie,’ its term for slow-motion selfies Wednesday 5:51 PM
- Fortnite leak reveals a Batman crossover event may be happening Wednesday 5:32 PM
- The explosion at a bull semen factory generated a lot of obvious jokes Wednesday 4:33 PM
- Jessica Jaymes, adult film star, dead at 43 Wednesday 4:18 PM
- How to stream Falcons vs. Colts in Week 3 Wednesday 4:05 PM
- Beto O’Rourke says he opposes police use of facial recognition tech Wednesday 4:01 PM
Far-right media personality Jack Posobiec interviewed InfoWars’ Alex Jones for One America News, and the conversation included Jones’ take on Game of Thrones (spoiler alert: he thinks it’s about a “race war” and anti-men), plus some nonsensical criticism of the Star Wars franchise and—of course—liberals.
Alex Kaplan, a researcher for left-wing Media Matters for America, shared a clip of the interview on Twitter on Friday.
So uh Jack Posobiec interviewed Alex Jones about Game of Thrones at One America News yesterday and it somehow turned into attacking Star Wars and liberals. pic.twitter.com/riubjO2BER— Alex Kaplan (@AlKapDC) April 26, 2019
Jones first made the caveat that he doesn’t “judge” Game of Thrones fans, who include his family member. And, he said, “I’m usually so busy in the real ‘game of thrones’ that I don’t have time to watch it.” Then he insisted that the show he doesn’t watch has a bigger agenda at play.
“There’s no doubt Hollywood’s pushing all these race war movies, Black against whites,” Jones said. “Whites are evil and racist.”
Considering that Game of Thrones is largely dominated by white characters and that its scarce depictions of people of color are often as slaves or “savages,” it’s hard to imagine the show is pitting an anti-white race war.
Jones apparently also thinks the series is touting an anti-men, anti-chivalry message.
“Also pushing women as the bosses, men are bad,” Jones said. “That’s been going on since Married With Children and Fox TV. But Game of Thrones is this post-modernist, everyone is in it for themselves, no one is good. Everyone has given up on chivalry.”
Posobiec then suggested that Lord of the Rings and Star Wars are also “post-modernist” and moving away from “absolutism” of good versus evil.
“The dark side isn’t just evil, it’s saying everything,” Jones said of the Star Wars movies. “It’s saying, ‘do what you want.'”
The clip ends as Jones pivots to his favorite subject to condemn as though it’s a natural segue.
“The left, especially, doesn’t care about facts,” he said.
Kris Seavers is the IRL editor for the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.