- The new ‘Cats’ trailer is here to make you want to claw your eyes out Thursday 7:59 PM
- Bella Thorne claims Tana Mongeau ‘broke girl code’ in a series of messy tweets Thursday 7:00 PM
- Redditors keep this data engineer’s plants alive for him Thursday 5:20 PM
- Professor writes article defending ‘Asian romantic preference’—and no one is here for it Thursday 4:57 PM
- Ditch Pornhub and support adult content creators instead Thursday 4:46 PM
- Fans grieve Kyoto Animation Studio fire with #PrayforKyoAni Thursday 4:18 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Secret Obsession’ isn’t just terrible—it’s boring as hell Thursday 3:30 PM
- Instagram expands experiment of hiding likes to 6 more countries Thursday 3:20 PM
- Man asks woman to stop speaking Spanish on a plane—and bystanders start speaking Spanish Thursday 12:55 PM
- Schumer calls on FBI, FTC to investigate FaceApp Thursday 12:41 PM
- Netflix loses subscribers—but hopes some tentpole shows can save it Thursday 12:10 PM
- Man utterly roasted for saying women can’t ask for equality in revealing clothing Thursday 12:07 PM
- Instagram struggles to remove photos of Bianca Devins’ dead body Thursday 11:14 AM
- ‘Storm Area 51’ creator says its gotten so big he’s worried about the FBI Thursday 10:49 AM
- Everyone loves Q baby, the baby who apparently supports QAnon Thursday 9:53 AM
Far-right media personality Jack Posobiec interviewed InfoWars’ Alex Jones for One America News, and the conversation included Jones’ take on Game of Thrones (spoiler alert: he thinks it’s about a “race war” and anti-men), plus some nonsensical criticism of the Star Wars franchise and—of course—liberals.
Alex Kaplan, a researcher for left-wing Media Matters for America, shared a clip of the interview on Twitter on Friday.
So uh Jack Posobiec interviewed Alex Jones about Game of Thrones at One America News yesterday and it somehow turned into attacking Star Wars and liberals. pic.twitter.com/riubjO2BER— Alex Kaplan (@AlKapDC) April 26, 2019
Jones first made the caveat that he doesn’t “judge” Game of Thrones fans, who include his family member. And, he said, “I’m usually so busy in the real ‘game of thrones’ that I don’t have time to watch it.” Then he insisted that the show he doesn’t watch has a bigger agenda at play.
“There’s no doubt Hollywood’s pushing all these race war movies, Black against whites,” Jones said. “Whites are evil and racist.”
Considering that Game of Thrones is largely dominated by white characters and that its scarce depictions of people of color are often as slaves or “savages,” it’s hard to imagine the show is pitting an anti-white race war.
Jones apparently also thinks the series is touting an anti-men, anti-chivalry message.
“Also pushing women as the bosses, men are bad,” Jones said. “That’s been going on since Married With Children and Fox TV. But Game of Thrones is this post-modernist, everyone is in it for themselves, no one is good. Everyone has given up on chivalry.”
Posobiec then suggested that Lord of the Rings and Star Wars are also “post-modernist” and moving away from “absolutism” of good versus evil.
“The dark side isn’t just evil, it’s saying everything,” Jones said of the Star Wars movies. “It’s saying, ‘do what you want.'”
The clip ends as Jones pivots to his favorite subject to condemn as though it’s a natural segue.
“The left, especially, doesn’t care about facts,” he said.
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.