- ‘Game of Thrones’ ties its own Emmys record for a single season 4 Years Ago
- Michelle Williams used her Emmy speech to call out pay disparities in Hollywood 4 Years Ago
- Outraged vapers could sink Trump in 2020 4 Years Ago
- Did Amazon give ‘Marvelous Mrs. Maisel’ an unfair Emmy advantage? Today 7:57 AM
- ‘The Politician’ is a dark and cynical answer to ‘Glee’ Today 7:00 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Ozark’ beat ‘Game of Thrones’ in 2 major Emmy categories Today 6:37 AM
- Animator for Netflix’s ‘Carmen Sandiego’ says he was fired after asking for fair pay Sunday 3:17 PM
- YouTube reverses decision to remove creators’ badges Sunday 1:47 PM
- How video game developer Valve got served secret subpoena as part of FBI’s counterterrorism fight Sunday 12:31 PM
- Aron Eisenberg, ‘Star Trek: Deep Space Nine’ actor, dead at 50 Sunday 11:35 AM
- Who needs glass slippers? This Cinderella cosplayer upgraded with a stunning glass arm Sunday 10:19 AM
- How to check if Yahoo owes you $358 Sunday 9:25 AM
- How to stream Bears vs. Redskins on Monday Night Football Sunday 7:00 AM
- What are the best alternatives to the electoral college? Sunday 6:30 AM
- The best PS4 games you can’t play anywhere else Sunday 6:00 AM
You may have thought that conservatives would be sick of bashing feminists by now. But it seems that every day is a new opportunity for trolls to harass women who have the audacity to believe they should have the same rights as men.
Doc Thompson, host of The Morning Blaze on The Blaze Radio, is the incredibly imaginative mastermind behind the hashtag #HowToSpotAFeminist, which he first tweeted last Sunday.
The responses were predictably stereotypical and offensive. But for the sake of education, here’s a sampling of a few.
Once people who self-identified as feminists caught wind of the hashtag, they decided to get in on the fun.
But it turns out that not only is Thompson a misogynist, he’s also a total troll. Now he’s retweeting and replying to outlets that are writing about the outrage over his hashtag. He’s also asking his fans to pile on.
In light of Thompson’s movement, we’ve compiled a few pointers on #HowToSpotAnIdiot:
- Thinks that a vast group of people can be summed up in one tweet.
- Believes there’s a direct correlation between hair style and feminism.
- Uses a national platform to unleash a legion of trolls on people simply standing up for human rights.
- Reinforces tired, unoriginal stereotypes about women.
- Says heinous things about you and then expects you to laugh about it.
Thanks, Doc Thompson. We all learned a lot today.
Photo via Chase Carter/Flickr
Marisa Kabas is a lifestyle reporter and activist. Her work has been published by Fusion, Fast Company, and Today. She’s also served as an editorial campaigns director for Purpose PBC, a social movement incubator.