- Ariana Grande spoke with TikTok teen who looks exactly like her 5 Years Ago
- Beyoncé accused of paying dancers ‘low rates’ Today 11:58 AM
- Timmy Thick blasted for saying the N-word in comeback video Today 9:11 AM
- Netflix’s ‘The Confession Killer’ is a devastating and well-built portrait of a con artist Today 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! I’m ashamed to tell anyone about my online shopping habit Today 6:00 AM
- UPS facing backlash for thanking police after employee killed in shootout Saturday 5:02 PM
- Sanders campaign fires staffer after anti-Semitic, homophobic tweets surface Saturday 3:13 PM
- Brother Nature was attacked, says everyone just watched with phones out Saturday 2:45 PM
- Ryan Reynolds’ gin company hires Peloton wife for ad Saturday 1:24 PM
- Ex-vegan YouTuber accused of fraud after following meat-only diet Saturday 1:11 PM
- The 15 best Disney+ hidden gems and deep cuts Saturday 12:23 PM
- Everyone in GoFundMe scam involving homeless veteran has now pleaded guilty Saturday 12:06 PM
- Boy invites kindergarten class to his adoption–and people are emotional Saturday 11:56 AM
- Reddit links leaked trade deal documents to Russian campaign Saturday 10:44 AM
- How to stream Alistair Overeem vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik Saturday 8:30 AM
You may have thought that conservatives would be sick of bashing feminists by now. But it seems that every day is a new opportunity for trolls to harass women who have the audacity to believe they should have the same rights as men.
Doc Thompson, host of The Morning Blaze on The Blaze Radio, is the incredibly imaginative mastermind behind the hashtag #HowToSpotAFeminist, which he first tweeted last Sunday.
The responses were predictably stereotypical and offensive. But for the sake of education, here’s a sampling of a few.
Once people who self-identified as feminists caught wind of the hashtag, they decided to get in on the fun.
But it turns out that not only is Thompson a misogynist, he’s also a total troll. Now he’s retweeting and replying to outlets that are writing about the outrage over his hashtag. He’s also asking his fans to pile on.
In light of Thompson’s movement, we’ve compiled a few pointers on #HowToSpotAnIdiot:
- Thinks that a vast group of people can be summed up in one tweet.
- Believes there’s a direct correlation between hair style and feminism.
- Uses a national platform to unleash a legion of trolls on people simply standing up for human rights.
- Reinforces tired, unoriginal stereotypes about women.
- Says heinous things about you and then expects you to laugh about it.
Thanks, Doc Thompson. We all learned a lot today.
Photo via Chase Carter/Flickr
Marisa Kabas is a lifestyle reporter and activist. Her work has been published by Fusion, Fast Company, and Today. She’s also served as an editorial campaigns director for Purpose PBC, a social movement incubator.