- Twitch streamer’s mom, roommate get into brawl during live broadcast Thursday 8:41 PM
- Top NFL draft pick Nick Bosa scrubs racist, homophobic social media activity Thursday 8:18 PM
- Jared Kushner’s ‘comprehensive immigration plan’ is just 2 bullet points Thursday 8:16 PM
- ‘Lil Billie Xanish’ is the deepfake mashup of Billie Eilish and Lil Xan Thursday 5:10 PM
- Gossip account the Shade Room to launch 3 original series on Instagram Thursday 4:46 PM
- Biden says he asked Obama not to endorse him—but people aren’t buying it Thursday 3:17 PM
- Marvel makes more money than Harry Potter and Star Wars combined Thursday 3:13 PM
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’: Obituaries for the fallen heroes Thursday 2:51 PM
- T-Mobile, Verizon admit most Americans won’t see fast 5G Thursday 1:52 PM
- PlayStation Vue is offering a sweet streaming deal for a limited time Thursday 1:42 PM
- Twitter reportedly worried banning white nationalists would also flag some Republicans Thursday 1:31 PM
- Lawyer of cop in viral assault case calls the crime a ‘Facebook misdemeanor’ Thursday 12:33 PM
- Biden’s ‘all men’-focused announcement gets roasted Thursday 11:49 AM
- Skillshare is offering new users one month of premium for free Thursday 10:44 AM
- Report: Facebook is punishing Black people for talking about racism (updated) Thursday 10:15 AM
It might not be easy.
Waldo and his friends just left Google in California for an awesome adventure.
— Google Maps (@googlemaps) March 31, 2018
Upon opening Google Maps, Waldo will appear on the upper left-hand corner of the map. After users click on him, Google Maps will invite them to play the game.
Once the users have begun to play, the old storybook cluttered images will take over the Google Maps screen and players will be asked to hunt for Waldo on the maps, as well as for his friends Woof, Wenda, Wizard Whitebeard, and Odlaw.
There are six levels that players can wade through, according to a screenshot, with Waldo moving across the world on the maps over time. Aside from the six opportunities to find Waldo, players have 24 opportunities to find his friends.
Ohh yeah, achievement unlocked.
Google maps where's Waldo April fool's day game. pic.twitter.com/gZyVG3Vdzk
— Tai (@TaiHusky) March 31, 2018
— Lexy Savvides (@lexysavvides) March 31, 2018
PSA: There's a Where's Waldo game on Google Maps and I am suddenly 6 years old again.
— dead (@hobocita) March 31, 2018
google maps is doing a find waldo game and i love it pic.twitter.com/lHYQHEAA2K
— ㄱㅈㅎ–ㅅㄹㅎ,ㄱㅁㅇ (@sevenboyscouts) March 31, 2018
This is the second time in less than a month that Google has incorporated a beloved brand into Maps for a limited time. In early March, users were able to replace the usual turn-by-turn navigation arrow with Nintendo’s Mario Kart.
Tess Cagle is a reporter who focuses on politics, lifestyle, and streaming entertainment. Her work has appeared in the New York Times, Texas Monthly, the Austin American-Statesman, Damn Joan, and Community Impact Newspaper. She’s also a portrait, events, and live music photographer in Central Texas.