- A police union is urging its officers to post ‘The Punisher’ logo Monday 7:33 PM
- Redditors call for a Nestlé boycott through memes Monday 6:16 PM
- How a 10-second Disney jingle became a meme in Thailand Monday 4:48 PM
- Instagram users share photos showing gruesome killing of 17-year-old Bianca Devins Monday 4:33 PM
- The horror game banned for mocking China’s president probably isn’t coming back Monday 3:31 PM
- Cheap vibrators, condoms, and lube: The most satisfying Amazon Prime Day deals Monday 3:07 PM
- George R.R. Martin says fan backlash won’t affect his ‘Game of Thrones’ ending Monday 3:03 PM
- The very finest Area 51 memes Monday 2:52 PM
- Tweet map ranks states where people are boycotting Amazon Prime Day Monday 1:54 PM
- Lil Nas X says he will perform at Area 51 for free Monday 12:56 PM
- The best Prime Day deals for gamers Monday 12:53 PM
- How Republicans are dancing around Trump’s racist tweets Monday 12:42 PM
- Not even anti-immigrant groups are defending Trump’s ‘go back’ tweets Monday 12:37 PM
- Netflix’s latest chase thriller ‘Point Blank’ lacks electricity Monday 12:27 PM
- Jay Inslee floats Megan Rapinoe as his secretary of state pick Monday 11:33 AM
It might not be easy.
Waldo and his friends just left Google in California for an awesome adventure.— Google Maps (@googlemaps) March 31, 2018
Can you spot them with Google Maps?
When you find him, don’t forget to let us know with #WaldoMaps! https://t.co/jIFTOOgrUm pic.twitter.com/bparGZOWw4
Upon opening Google Maps, Waldo will appear on the upper left-hand corner of the map. After users click on him, Google Maps will invite them to play the game.
Once the users have begun to play, the old storybook cluttered images will take over the Google Maps screen and players will be asked to hunt for Waldo on the maps, as well as for his friends Woof, Wenda, Wizard Whitebeard, and Odlaw.
There are six levels that players can wade through, according to a screenshot, with Waldo moving across the world on the maps over time. Aside from the six opportunities to find Waldo, players have 24 opportunities to find his friends.
Ohh yeah, achievement unlocked.— Tai (@TaiHusky) March 31, 2018
Google maps where's Waldo April fool's day game. pic.twitter.com/gZyVG3Vdzk
PSA: There's a Where's Waldo game on Google Maps and I am suddenly 6 years old again.— dead (@hobocita) March 31, 2018
google maps is doing a find waldo game and i love it pic.twitter.com/lHYQHEAA2K— ㄱㅈㅎ--ㅅㄹㅎ,ㄱㅁㅇ (@sevenboyscouts) March 31, 2018
This is the second time in less than a month that Google has incorporated a beloved brand into Maps for a limited time. In early March, users were able to replace the usual turn-by-turn navigation arrow with Nintendo’s Mario Kart.
Tess Cagle is a reporter who focuses on politics, lifestyle, and streaming entertainment. Her work has appeared in the New York Times, Texas Monthly, the Austin American-Statesman, Damn Joan, and Community Impact Newspaper. She’s also a portrait, events, and live music photographer in Central Texas.