- Angela Abar wrestles with destiny in ‘Watchmen’ episode 8 Sunday 9:05 PM
- Guy who runs Trump Organization Twitter account caught hyping up own tweet Sunday 4:51 PM
- People found out how tall Olaf is–and now ‘Frozen’ is terrifying Sunday 3:41 PM
- Rapper Juice WRLD dead at 21 Sunday 3:02 PM
- Embody Andrew Yang, fight other presidential candidates in video game Sunday 2:33 PM
- Ariana Grande spoke with TikTok teen who looks exactly like her Sunday 1:00 PM
- Beyoncé accused of paying dancers ‘low rates’ Sunday 11:58 AM
- Timmy Thick blasted for saying the N-word in comeback video Sunday 9:11 AM
- Netflix’s ‘The Confession Killer’ is a devastating and well-built portrait of a con artist Sunday 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! I’m ashamed to tell anyone about my online shopping habit Sunday 6:00 AM
- UPS facing backlash for thanking police after employee killed in shootout Saturday 5:02 PM
- Sanders campaign fires staffer after anti-Semitic, homophobic tweets surface Saturday 3:13 PM
- Brother Nature was attacked, says everyone just watched with phones out Saturday 2:45 PM
- Ryan Reynolds’ gin company hires Peloton wife for ad Saturday 1:24 PM
- Ex-vegan YouTuber accused of fraud after following meat-only diet Saturday 1:11 PM
Trends move faster — today, they move faster than ever. Given pop culture’s warp speed, it might feel like it’s almost impossible to holiday shop for any cool teens on your list. Thankfully, tech gear and gadgets tend to be a hit with young consumers, and we’re here to help you find gifts for teens that will be a hit.
Our favorite tech gifts for teens under $200
Originally $147.99, the OneStep Polaroid instant camera is technically old-fashioned, but the retro factor actually makes it a hit gift for teens. There are eight photos per film pack…and remember — do not to shake it.
If your budding photographer isn’t ready to make the leap to an expensive camera, the Olloclip lens is a nice intermediary step to test the waters of wide-angle and telephoto lenses. Several different bundles are on offer, some including a stabilizer to cut down on shaky shots and lenses tailored for different phone models.
This bundle originally cost $150 on Amazon, and includes everything necessary to be an Instax photography pro. Between frames for photos and 40 sheets of Instax film, the opportunities to capture special moments (for your teen or for yourself) are endless.
Can’t justify splurging on a TV for your teen? If they already have streaming subscriptions, this mini projector may be the answer. It can connect to a smartphone or tablet, so their movie nights can happen literally anywhere. Whether it’s a backyard campground or basement wall, any flat surface can be a movie screen. Gifts for teens need to meet them where they’re at, and that might just be projecting TV in the garage.
For teens who’d like a little single-player time, the Lite console is a perfect option. There are also a handful of new games that would be perfect to complement the Switch Lite. Try Pokémon Sword or Pokémon Shield, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, or the classic Super Smash Brothers.
For the photo-obsessed, an instant printer that prints photos with peel-and-stick backing is an easy winner as a gift for teens. The Canon Ivy mobile photo printer is a great choice for personalization, journaling, or even arts and crafts projects. Or your teen can print photos that they can then photograph with their phone and post on Instagram, no judgment.
- Need holiday shopping help? Try these suggestion sites
- 5 last-minute gift ideas people actually want
- 21 stoner gift ideas that don’t involve buying weed
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Brooke Sjoberg is an editorial intern for the Daily Dot studying journalism at the University of Texas at Austin. She is also the Daily Texan's Life and Arts Editor and an editorial intern for Texas Connect magazine.